Old 17-11-2004, 03:23 PM
A:H

Default What name

What name have this kind of pond in english????
http://www.bonnet-it.dk/annsholm/koi_dammen.htm
and what is the name for the fish koi like this pic. ?
http://www.bonnet-it.dk/annsholm/koier.htm#MINE_KOIER!

is there one there can help me
I'm danish

Annette

Old 17-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Benign Vanilla

"A:H" ah@dk wrote in message
. ..
What name have this kind of pond in english????
http://www.bonnet-it.dk/annsholm/koi_dammen.htm

I'd call that a backyard pond, or watergarden.

and what is the name for the fish koi like this pic. ?
http://www.bonnet-it.dk/annsholm/koier.htm#MINE_KOIER!

I cannot specify the species exactly, but those look like Koi.

BV.

Old 17-11-2004, 11:03 PM

I don't think that we understand the question!

Annette, can you try asking the question again?

Try a number of different ways of asking the same question, and then we will
try and tell you what you want to know.

Fireball

Old 18-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Ann in Houston

is there one there can help me
I'm danish

Annette

Annette,
Like BV, I would call the pond a watergarden or backyard pond. As for the
koi in the picture, I don't know enough about koi varieties, but go to this
site:
http://www.koi.com/encyclo/kohaku.html
Scroll down to end of each page to see the different varieties and their
names. We all use the Japanese words for koi varieties. There are also
Japanese words for individual characteristics like the type of scales (large
and flat, edged in grey, or sparkly), and those are also explained on the
site. If it is too much English for you, print it out and take it to a
bookstore, school, or some other place that could translate it. The only
English words I can come up with would be "big", "beautiful", or some other
descriptive word, not a variety type. as for the solid white one, it seems
to be a bit of a long fin, or "butterfly koi". It's a real beauty, too.
I hope this answer isn't too much English for you. Good luck, and happy
ponding.

Ann

Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 4 23-03-2011 06:44 PM
Scientific Name Salvia mellifera COMMON NAME BLACK SAGE Family Name Lamiaceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 1 23-03-2011 08:22 AM
[IBC] Tree Name Database. Was [IBC] Name Meaning Nicolas Steenhout Bonsai 0 16-10-2004 10:45 AM
orchid name lookup rick Orchids 8 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
And the name is..... apostolis Bonsai 1 27-01-2003 10:05 PM