Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Scott M.

Default Pond frozen over

I can't believe it. My pond froze over last night. This morning when I
checked it, it was above freezing and the pond was completely frozen over.
There was a hump where the bubbler was sending up bubbles. I removed the
bubbler to test it and it is fine. Last week, I put my floating heater in
the pond and left it off. It froze right into the ice. This morning I
plugged it in. Hopefully it will melt the ice and pop to the surface. I hope
it doesn't get watterlogged and electrocute my fish. I might thaw out a
garden hose and see if I can free it up tonight with a stream of water. I am
also building a light bulb heated box to keep the bubbler in.

Scott M in Carp (Ottawa)

frozen pond Henry & Carolyn Ponds (moderated) 12 28-02-2008 04:13 PM
Spider mites, over and over and over Jonathan Sachs[_2_] Gardening 9 09-08-2007 04:37 AM
Phila frozen pond Mosfunland Ponds 2 04-06-2003 11:44 PM
Frozen Pipes? BenignVanilla Ponds 4 05-02-2003 11:40 PM
re Frozen Pipes? John Rutz Ponds 0 05-02-2003 05:10 PM