GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My fish are dying and I cant find why!!!` (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/87916-my-fish-dying-i-cant-find-why-%60.html)

[email protected] 02-01-2005 11:20 PM

drain the pond down to less than a foot to get the fish out, then drain rest of way.
I cant catch mine any other way. Ingrid

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:
Uh don't you mean...

Move the fish to fresh water and THEN drain the pond.

:)

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Benign Vanilla 03-01-2005 03:37 AM

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:20:26 -0500, "Benign Vanilla" wrote:

I getcha...much like it is not a matter of how a swallow grips a coconut,
but a matter of weight ratios.

"Aaah, riiight, uh huh...." walking away scratching head wondering, what

do
coconuts & swallows have to do with pond and water, and why would a

swallow
want to grip a coconut? But hey, if it makes sense to BV it's okay by me.

*shakes head*

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight
ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut. Really, Jan,
come on.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

~ jan JJsPond.us 03-01-2005 03:53 AM

*shakes head*

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight
ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut. Really, Jan,
come on.

Well if the coconut is in the pond........ he could grip it and move it.
Which begs the question, why did the coconut cross the pond?
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

~ Windsong ~ 03-01-2005 05:44 AM

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:20:26 -0500, "Benign Vanilla" wrote:

I getcha...much like it is not a matter of how a swallow grips a coconut,
but a matter of weight ratios.

"Aaah, riiight, uh huh...." walking away scratching head wondering, what

do
coconuts & swallows have to do with pond and water, and why would a

swallow
want to grip a coconut? But hey, if it makes sense to BV it's okay by me.
;o) ~ jan
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

=========================
Sounds like he's had too much of the bubbly over the weekend. :o)
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Windsong ~ 03-01-2005 05:45 AM

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
*shakes head*

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of

weight
ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut. Really, Jan,
come on.

Well if the coconut is in the pond........ he could grip it and move it.
Which begs the question, why did the coconut cross the pond?
~ jan

==========================
Why to sprout on the other side of course. ;-)
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek Broughton 03-01-2005 09:06 PM

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:20:26 -0500, "Benign Vanilla" wrote:

I getcha...much like it is not a matter of how a swallow grips a coconut,
but a matter of weight ratios.

"Aaah, riiight, uh huh...." walking away scratching head wondering, what
do coconuts & swallows have to do with pond and water, and why would a
swallow want to grip a coconut? But hey, if it makes sense to BV it's okay
by me.

Well, you need to know whether it's an African or European Swallow...
--
derek

Derek Broughton 03-01-2005 09:09 PM

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

*shakes head*

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight
ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut. Really, Jan,
come on.

Well if the coconut is in the pond........ he could grip it and move it.
Which begs the question,

brrrpp! Google "begs the question". (sorry, my latest campaign to save the
English language).

why did the coconut cross the pond?

Er? because the swallow...
--
derek

Crashj 04-01-2005 03:59 PM

On or about Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:53:28 -0800, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote something like:

Which begs the question, why did the coconut cross the pond?

ITYM, it *raises* the question, "why did the coconut cross the pond?"
A: To show the banana it could be done.
--
Crashj

Crashj 04-01-2005 03:59 PM

wrote something like:

Which begs the question, why did the coconut cross the pond?

ITYM, it *raises* the question, "why did the coconut cross the pond?"
A: To show the banana it could be done.
--
Crashj