GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   goldfish list (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/88169-goldfish-list.html)

[email protected] 30-12-2004 05:35 AM

goldfish list

Puregold has a new list in addition to the old one
http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/puregold/

Puregold is a list for people at all levels of fish keeping with special emphasis on
helping people new to keeping goldfish. We do talk about ponds and koi. It is a
very friendly list, no flaming allowed. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Tom L. La Bron 31-12-2004 02:34 AM

OK Ingrid is pushing her list again, so I will say, Sure what she says is
all true as long as you do not disagree with Ingrid or question Jo Ann.
That is one way to get kicked off the list.

Tom L.L.
wrote in message
Puregold has a new list in addition to the old one
http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/puregold/

Puregold is a list for people at all levels of fish keeping with special
emphasis on
helping people new to keeping goldfish. We do talk about ponds and koi.
It is a
very friendly list, no flaming allowed. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

[email protected] 31-12-2004 02:03 PM

ahhh... the favored anonymous remailing services ....
actually, one person was tossed off the list several times for flaming. he kept
sneaking back on using different email addresses and different "persona". Then he
made the mistake of accidently posting what he thought was a private email to a
friend laying out just how he was planning to sneak back onto Puregold.

Believe it or not, but people can politely disagree without getting into fights or
calling names. That is what is done on Puregold.
Ingrid

Anonymous wrote:

http://list.lovemyfriendJoann.com/pureshit/

Puregold is a list for people at all levels of fish keeping with
special emphasis on
helping people new to keeping goldfish. We do talk about ponds
and koi. It is a
very friendly list, no flaming allowed. Ingrid

*** *** *** ***

As long as you're the one doing the flaming. Anyone else dare
say a word you disagree with, off the go.

-=-
This message was sent via two or more anonymous remailing services.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Tom L. La Bron 31-12-2004 10:41 PM

Way to go Ingrid,

Using terminology incorrectly. You call it flaming when in this case it was
just informing others of the truth. As I remember it the individual was
orginally kicked off the list because he pointed out that the information
that Jo Ann was telling everyone that only dealers could buy Biokyowa was
not true and that any one who wanted to could buy it. I also remember that
the statement was made that the individual thought her pricing of her
rebagging it in ziplock bags was alittle excessive, considering she bought
it for $7 a pound and resold it for $25 a pound. And all in all you made it
souind like was some kind of saint for a 300% marketup. He knew that it was
common for LFS owners to mark up 100%, but the market up was a little
excessive by even LFS standards.

This individual did sneak back on to your precious list and made a mistake
in responding to an individual and sent his responce to the list instead of
just to the individual, but hey, everyone makes mistakes.

What about the 4 other guys that you kicked off your list because you always
insisted that they were the original individual you are so scared of. And
what about the 17 year old physically challenged individual that you kicked
off your list because he refuted what Jo Ann was trying to say, and did it
effectively supporting his comments with statements from university
professors who said what she was saying was totally fiction. Oh yes, but
nothing was ever said about the threat that Jo Ann sent to him about him
refuting what she was saying. I guess that is OK though, which is why the
father told the boy that he could not stay on the list, and not long after
you kicked him off.

So much for open descent. What is a shame is that he supported his
information from qualified individuals in their field with degrees and years
of research expereince and yet, he was canned because he went again what Jo
Ann was trying to say.

What is really funny is that you seem to enjoy kicking males off the list
because you think that they are the orginal individual keeps trying to get
on and you find him. What a joke.

Tom L.L.
wrote in message
ahhh... the favored anonymous remailing services ....
actually, one person was tossed off the list several times for flaming.
he kept
sneaking back on using different email addresses and different "persona".
Then he
made the mistake of accidently posting what he thought was a private email
to a
friend laying out just how he was planning to sneak back onto Puregold.

Believe it or not, but people can politely disagree without getting into
fights or
calling names. That is what is done on Puregold.
Ingrid

Anonymous wrote:

In article
wrote:

Puregold has a new list in addition to the old one
http://list.lovemyfriendJoann.com/pureshit/

Puregold is a list for people at all levels of fish keeping with
special emphasis on
helping people new to keeping goldfish. We do talk about ponds
and koi. It is a
very friendly list, no flaming allowed. Ingrid

*** *** *** ***

As long as you're the one doing the flaming. Anyone else dare
say a word you disagree with, off the go.

-=-
This message was sent via two or more anonymous remailing services.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

GoldenRool 01-01-2005 01:42 AM

"Tom L. La Bron" wrote in message
Way to go Ingrid,

Using terminology incorrectly. You call it flaming when in this case it

was
just informing others of the truth. As I remember it the individual was
orginally kicked off the list because he pointed out that the information
that Jo Ann was telling everyone that only dealers could buy Biokyowa was
not true and that any one who wanted to could buy it.

=====================================
Biokyowa is carried in a LFS just outside Nashville and has been for awhile.
She also claimed that you couldn't get DIMILIN in local stores either - that
was NOT TRUE. I paid her $15 for only enough to treat my 800 gallon pond -
about a spoonful in a small baggie. Last year I saw it for sale in a local
chain (Superpets) store being freely sold to anyone. Price was $16.99 to
treat 1,920 gallons. It was by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. I purchased it on
sale for $4.24 just-in-case. They had a big sale on pond merchandise that
fall. Fortunately I have not needed it.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Pricelesswa FREE SOFTWARE

~ Windsong ~ 01-01-2005 01:43 AM

"Tom L. La Bron" wrote in message
Way to go Ingrid,

=======================
GoldenRool is Windsong - me! :-)
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Pricelesswa

Tom L. La Bron 01-01-2005 03:15 PM

Carol,

What is interesting is that it was available through Farm and Home suppliers
for a long time. And it you really desparate you could have bought the
Dimilin that was used for Dogs at pet shops. It was a little more expensive
that way, but if you needed it was a way of purchasing it.

Tom L.L.

Huey Conway 01-01-2005 07:53 PM

Any item can be had if you take the time to find a source a meet the
requirements, a lot of what folks say is only for professional use is
bullshit.........MOPst of the time its merely proving whats its
intyended use is and filing out some paperwork.......Those trhat try
and capiltolize on making a fast inflated profit at the sake of others
in my opinion an asshole, and certainly not a person I would put any
faith in. They feel its their own little secret and screw the rest,
and try and capitolize on it.

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:15:11 -0600, "Tom L. La Bron"
wrote:

===Carol,
===
===----------------------------------------------------
==="GoldenRool" wrote in message
===
=== "Tom L. La Bron" wrote in message
=== ...
=== Way to go Ingrid,
===
=== =====================================
=== Biokyowa is carried in a LFS just outside Nashville and has been for
=== awhile.
=== She also claimed that you couldn't get DIMILIN in local stores either -
=== that
=== was NOT TRUE. I paid her $15 for only enough to treat my 800 gallon
=== pond -
=== about a spoonful in a small baggie. Last year I saw it for sale in a
=== local
=== chain (Superpets) store being freely sold to anyone. Price was $16.99 to
=== treat 1,920 gallons. It was by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. I purchased it
=== on
=== sale for $4.24 just-in-case. They had a big sale on pond merchandise that
=== fall. Fortunately I have not needed it.
=== --
=== Carol.... the frugal ponder...
=== Pricelesswa FREE SOFTWARE
=== http://www.pricelessware.org
=== http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
=== ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
===
===

~ Windsong ~ 01-01-2005 08:47 PM

"Tom L. La Bron" wrote in message
Carol,

What is interesting is that it was available through Farm and Home

suppliers
for a long time.

$$ But that's not what I was told. I found the TRUTH out later.... It was
the DISHONESTY that ticked me off, not the price.

And it you really desparate you could have bought the
Dimilin that was used for Dogs at pet shops. It was a little more

expensive
that way, but if you needed it was a way of purchasing it.

$$ We live and learn, Tom. We live and learn.

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Happiness is merely the remission of pain."

~ Windsong ~ 01-01-2005 08:49 PM

"Huey Conway" wrote in message
Any item can be had if you take the time to find a source a meet the
requirements, a lot of what folks say is only for professional use is
bullshit.........

## And I was bullshitted to the MAX!

MOPst of the time its merely proving whats its
intyended use is and filing out some paperwork.......

## True, and with Dimilin I didn't even have to do that. It's right on the
FS shelves.

Those trhat try
and capiltolize on making a fast inflated profit at the sake of others
in my opinion an asshole,

## Well, she's not in business anymore I see........ :-)

and certainly not a person I would put any
faith in. They feel its their own little secret and screw the rest,
and try and capitolize on it.

## You got that right.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"All things being equal, fat people use more soap."

[email protected] 02-01-2005 10:47 PM

Dimilin affects nearly all creatures with chitin exoskeleton. It has an unusually
persistent activity for at least a month. It is also potent in that extremely small
amounts were all that was needed to eradicate targeted species. A couple years ago
dimilin was tightly controlled, as I understand it, to prevent dimilin from being
dumped into streams, rivers and lakes which would kill off important parts of the
food chain.
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles...ubenzuron.html

"4. SUMMARY OF REGULATORY POSITION AND RATIONALE
- The Agency has determined that it should continue to allow the
registration of diflubenzuron. However, because of gaps in the data
base, additional data are required as specified in the tables.
Additional tolerances and label changes will be considered as
applications are submitted.
- Because of toxicity to crab, shrimp, and other aquatic invertebrate
animals, diflubenzuron is classified as a restricted pesticide for
use on forests and field crops. Cautionary statements are required
on the label warning of hazards to aquatic invertebrates.
- The only geographic limitation for use of products containing
diflubenzuron is for control of mosquitoes in temporarily flooded
areas of pastures in central California. The primary concern with
these mosquitoes breeding in wastewater from irrigation projects is
their potential for carrying diseases affecting humans."

At some point whoever decides these things decided to allow manufacturers to use
dimilin in pond treatments. The first commercially available product for ponders
that we knew had dimilin (and we immediately advised people at the time) was Anchors
Away when they changed their formula from whatever to dimilin (but by the generic
name). Now there are others offering products and the price is coming down.

"For years, pondkeepers have known the benefits of Dimilin in solving their Anchor
Worm Fish Lice problems, but until now Dimilin hasn't legally have been available for
this use. Now Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, under an exclusive licensing agreement with
The Crompton Corporation, (the manufacturers & owners of Dimilin) is excited to bring
Dimilin to the pond market in an easy to use liquid form. No longer will fish owners
have to use unregistered and illegal forms of diflubenzuron in questionable
strength."
http://www.pondliner.com/Dimilin.htm

Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Huey Conway 03-01-2005 01:42 AM

All that is is a come on by pondliners, to sell their liquid form of
dimilin........Whenyou buy it in powder form it has the strength of it
so your not getting unknown strengths.........and as long as what you
get is nothing but dimilin what does it matter where it comes from.
Just anaother marketing ploy to sell it at a much inflated rate more
than likely.

Take Dr. Eric Johnsons PP, and what he gets for a small container of
it. Triple that amount of money and I can get a whole freaking 55
pound tub of it. Same for Malachite green or formalin........$4.50 for
a 2 oz container of MG/F in most pet shops or online. A gal jug of
formalin costs me $9.40 and a gal of MG is right at $17.00 a
gal......and all it took was filling out some paper work.

I seriouosly dount they had it under tight control becasue of folks
buying it and dumping it in streams. It degrades very fast in soils so
disposal of it is not a problem..........I can think of lots of
chemicals which are easy to get that would have much more adverse
effects on the environment than dimilin and other so called controlled
items. Hell $10 bucks worth of walnuts in a sack will kill a heap of
critters in a stream, or wipe out the average fish pond with them.
Its individuals and compaines that controll the stuff because they
don't want to let go of their fast buck ignorant buyer schemes. Thats
why you find all this info with incomplete studies and huge gaps in
data bases becasue their origiinal claims as to being so bad were not
fully tested and it wa a get rich thing, control it jack up the price
get what you can get and then when folks find out its not so, allow it
to be be marketed otherwise.

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:47:12 GMT, wrote:

[...]
===~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
===List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
===http://puregold.aquaria.net/
===www.drsolo.com
===Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame
===~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
===Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
===compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the
===endorsements or recommendations I make.

~ Windsong ~ 03-01-2005 05:32 AM

wrote in message
Dimilin affects nearly all creatures with chitin exoskeleton. It has an

unusually
persistent activity for at least a month. It is also potent in that

extremely small
amounts were all that was needed to eradicate targeted species. A couple

years ago
dimilin was tightly controlled, as I understand it,

## You understood it wrong. It was freely available here and other places.
Many of these products are persistent and must be carefully used. Read the
labels on all insecticides, fungicides, dog dips etc.

to prevent dimilin from being
dumped into streams, rivers and lakes which would kill off important parts

of the
food chain.

## Many substances harm the food chain and can be bought at any Home Depot,
K-Mart, Lowe's.....

[...]

Totally FREE softwa

~ Windsong ~ 03-01-2005 05:41 AM

"Huey Conway" wrote in message
All that is is a come on by pondliners, to sell their liquid form of
dimilin........Whenyou buy it in powder form it has the strength of it
so your not getting unknown strengths.........and as long as what you
get is nothing but dimilin what does it matter where it comes from.
Just anaother marketing ploy to sell it at a much inflated rate more
than likely.

## Anything sold for pond seems to have a highly inflated price. Example: I
saw pond thermometers at Home Depot a few years ago for something like
$14.99. A similar, just as sturdy one was for sale in the pool dept. for
$3.99. Guess which one I bought and still have. :-))) I paid a lot more
for my 60 mil "pond" liner (Tetra) than a women I knew in Antioch TN paid
for a roofliner from some building supply house. Look at the rip-off prices
of Koi and goldfish food. I buy catfish food for $10 per 50 lbs and my fish
are thriving. Of course they also get some duckweed, earthworms, shrimp
pellets once in awhile,... and some inexpensive puppy and cat chow for
variety.

Take Dr. Eric Johnsons PP, and what he gets for a small container of
it. Triple that amount of money and I can get a whole freaking 55
pound tub of it. Same for Malachite green or formalin........$4.50 for
a 2 oz container of MG/F in most pet shops or online. A gal jug of
formalin costs me $9.40 and a gal of MG is right at $17.00 a
gal......and all it took was filling out some paper work.

## What paperwork did you have to fill out and where are you getting these
things so cheap?

[...]

"False hope is nicer than no hope at all."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huey Conway 03-01-2005 01:09 PM

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:41:22 -0600, "~ Windsong ~" wrote:

snip
===
===## What paperwork did you have to fill out and where are you getting these
===things so cheap?
===

snip

Depends, on what the item is. I located an Industrial Chemical
supplier nearby. They have or can get virtually any chemical kown to
man. The only thing I had to do was fill in and apply for an
account......I elected top pay tax on purchase.........not try and rip
the state etc off in taxes........This paperwork then established an
account with them........There are some things controled by the
DEA........acetone, Potassium Permanganate etc, so I had to fill out
paperwork that was submitted to the DEA for approval. Usually if you
have a clean record, the office manager has the authority to waiver
the DEA approval and make the sales until they get the paperwork back
from DEA........after that the only things you have to sign for is if
its a controlled substance like PP, or Cyanide, and what you actually
sign is that yu have received an MSDS and know all about these
chemicals.........Thats its, simple......There is no minimum orders,
etc if you set up an account and deal in cash etc.......actually very
simple to do.

I buy a lot of cyanide on a monthly basis, and use lots of acetone.
Acetone is controlled by DEA (Tech grade, not the crap sold in big box
stores etc) as its used by illegal drug labs...............same thing
with PP. Its used in thr process of making illegal drugs, so quanities
over 1 or 2 or so pounds are controlled.

These places have one price and its basically wholesale or dealer
costs, as their chemicals are usually packaged as such to be utilized
in further manufactureing, or end use, and not geared to retail sales.
Packagine does not have instructions etc on them just simple labeling
as to contents and any associated symbology like skull and cross bones
or the data diamonds and UM codes.....no printed drival as typically
found on retail packaged items........They figure if your buiying it
in bulk you ought to know what your doing with it. Everything you
really need to know should be on the MSDS or in the processes your
usuing to utilize the stuff, not on a label......as there is more than
one use for chemicals, as we all know......NOw if it was packaged and
labeled for say treating ICH, yes, it wouldbe a ot higher due to
individual labels and smaller quanities and more handling of the
product, it all adds up, but bulk plain label packs are cheap.

I deal with Industrial Chemicals Inc........and they have distribution
/ dealer wharehouses all over the USA. Yes, quanities may be more than
one would normally use, but the amount you get is usually a lot more
and a cheaper price than what you would pay for a smaller prepackaged
item geared to public sales......As long as you pay taxes as you buy
for the materials, your fine.......Uncle Sam will not bother you.

Benign Vanilla 03-01-2005 03:23 PM

"Huey Conway" wrote in message
snip
I buy a lot of cyanide on a monthly basis, and use lots of acetone.

snip

Dare we ask what for? :)

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

~ Windsong ~ 03-01-2005 04:46 PM

"Huey Conway" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:41:22 -0600, "~ Windsong ~" wrote:

snip
===
===## What paperwork did you have to fill out and where are you getting

these
===things so cheap?
===

snip

Depends, on what the item is. I located an Industrial Chemical
supplier nearby. They have or can get virtually any chemical kown to
man. The only thing I had to do was fill in and apply for an
account......I elected top pay tax on purchase.........not try and rip
the state etc off in taxes........This paperwork then established an
account with them........

Thanks for the information. Fortunately I use very little of any chemicals
including dechlor. It's more of an emergency item in my "fish medicine
chest." When I top off my ponds I spray the water over the surface and so
far so good. When the after-rain springs run I use that water for water
changes.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep."