Old 14-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"ah" wrote in message
news:79QFd.5674$SS6.871@trnddc07...
Paul wrote:

[...]

You will need to protect you plants from koi as they like to dine on

them.

I have little experience in the maintennance side--I just build 'em ;/

Surely koi don't eat all plants?

Is the pope catholic?

The correct line is "does a Pope shit in the woods"...

But no, not all koi eat plants. I never had a problem with it. I don't
know why, and I sure wouldn't recommend to anyone that they just take a
chance, but I got lucky.
--
derek
Old 14-01-2005, 07:54 PM
San Diego Joe

"Derek Broughton" wrote:

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"ah" wrote in message
> [...]
Paul wrote:

[...]

You will need to protect you plants from koi as they like to dine on

them.

I have little experience in the maintennance side--I just build 'em ;/

Surely koi don't eat all plants?

Is the pope catholic?

The correct line is "does a Pope shit in the woods"...

I thought it was "is the Pope Polish?"

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 14-01-2005, 08:00 PM
~ Windsong ~

"ah" wrote in message
> [...]
Paul wrote:

[...]

You will need to protect you plants from koi as they like to dine on

them.

I have little experience in the maintennance side--I just build 'em ;/

Surely koi don't eat all plants?

====================================
My koi don't eat water iris, umbrella palm, water lilies, black taro,
parrots feather or water bamboo. They do eat anacharis, duckweed, the roots
of water lettuce and water hyacinth and hornwart "sometimes." Experiment,
as there are plants they don't eat. The biggest koi/plant problem I've had
was their rooting the plants out of their pots.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Due to financial crisis the light at the end

Old 14-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Benign Vanilla

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
snip
I have little experience in the maintennance side--I just build 'em ;/

Surely koi don't eat all plants?

Is the pope catholic?

The correct line is "does a Pope shit in the woods"...

I thought it was "is the Pope Polish?"

Ok, who is going to mention the polish bear eating the pope in the woods,
and whether or not it makes a noise if a tree fell on it?

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 14-01-2005, 10:45 PM
San Diego Joe

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
snip
I have little experience in the maintennance side--I just build 'em ;/

Surely koi don't eat all plants?

Is the pope catholic?

The correct line is "does a Pope shit in the woods"...

I thought it was "is the Pope Polish?"

Ok, who is going to mention the polish bear eating the pope in the woods,
and whether or not it makes a noise if a tree fell on it?

Or what comes out when he shits!

Old 15-01-2005, 01:02 AM
ah

~ Windsong ~ wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
> [...]
Paul wrote:

[...]

You will need to protect you plants from koi as they like to dine on

them.

I have little experience in the maintennance side--I just build 'em ;/

Surely koi don't eat all plants?

====================================
My koi don't eat water iris, umbrella palm, water lilies, black taro,
parrots feather or water bamboo. They do eat anacharis, duckweed, the roots
of water lettuce and water hyacinth and hornwart "sometimes." Experiment,
as there are plants they don't eat. The biggest koi/plant problem I've had
was their rooting the plants out of their pots.

Aye.

We do put lettuce and hyacinth in the upper pond where there are no fish....

I've not paid, alas, that much attention to aquatic plants: my forte is dirt
and stone ;-)
--
ah

Old 15-01-2005, 06:07 AM
~ Windsong ~

"ah" wrote in message news:mYZFd.162$J6.74@trnddc02...
~ Windsong ~ wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
> [...]
Paul wrote:

[...]

[...]

=======================
I put the plants they like to eat in the settling tank. They grow into
monsters in this tank! I mean water lettuce larger than dinner plates
around...
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Due to financial crisis the light at the end
of the tunnel is switched off."
~~~~~~~ }((((((o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 15-01-2005, 04:21 PM
ah

~ Windsong ~ wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
> [...]
Paul wrote:

[...]

[...]

Oh!

Bigest I've seen have leaves the diameter of a golf ball!

Largest pond I've done was 25'x18'x5'(deep) . . . not enough room for much.
--
ah

Old 15-01-2005, 06:50 PM
~ Windsong ~

~ Windsong ~ wrote:
"ah" wrote in message
> [...]
Paul wrote:

[...]

You will need to protect you plants from koi as they like to dine

on
them.

I have little experience in the maintennance side--I just build 'em

;/

[...]

===================
I agree. That's a mere puddle. You really need to dig a larger pond. :-)
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway."

Old 15-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
snip
I have little experience in the maintennance side--I just build 'em
;/

Surely koi don't eat all plants?

Is the pope catholic?

The correct line is "does a Pope shit in the woods"...

I thought it was "is the Pope Polish?"

Ok, who is going to mention the polish bear eating the pope in the woods,
and whether or not it makes a noise if a tree fell on it?

It's like this: I used to alternate saying "is a bear Catholic" and "does a
Pope shit in the woods" just to annoy DW. Then the Pope came to Ontario,
and spent a weekend in a cottage where the only bathroom facilities were in
an outhouse at a significant distance from the cottage - and I discovered
that the Pope really _does_ shit in the woods...
--
derek