Old 04-03-2005, 06:53 PM
ClaudCar

Default waterfall plant

really dislike WH in this upper basin. What else can I put in there? is
there a particular reason to have something in there except for looks? do
some plants object to the flow of the pumped water? please excuse improper
terminology - only 2nd season - so still a newbie.

--
______________________
Claudia

Old 04-03-2005, 07:22 PM
kathy

In the upper basin of a water fall?

There really is no reason to have plants
in the waterfall unless you want to you them
as part of a filter setup to help keep single
cell algae (pea soup water) at bay but there
are other ways to do that including using
an ultra violet set up.

Just all depends on what look and function
you want.

kathy

Old 04-03-2005, 07:29 PM
ClaudCar

since it is center of a window, I want pretty something against the white
wall. gets sun 8 hours of the day - direct and it gets HOT in there, which
burned the WH, so it always looked SAD!

--
______________________
Claudia
oups.com...

Old 04-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Mike Patterson

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:53:51 GMT, "ClaudCar"
wrote:

really dislike WH in this upper basin. What else can I put in there? is
there a particular reason to have something in there except for looks? do
some plants object to the flow of the pumped water? please excuse improper
terminology - only 2nd season - so still a newbie.

Appearance is the main reason.

Go to the grocery store and get some watercress, drop a few pieces in,
wait a week or so.

Worked well for my outdoor waterfall, and so far some of it has even
survived 20 degree F weather.

Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

waterfall plant ClaudCar Ponds 0 04-03-2005 06:53 PM
Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? Runner Ponds 4 06-12-2003 03:02 AM
Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? Runner Ponds 0 03-12-2003 03:43 PM
Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? Runner Ponds 0 03-12-2003 03:32 PM
waterfall&filter Priscilla McCullough Ponds 2 25-03-2003 10:20 PM