Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 PM
kathy

Default OT winter water project for next year

(We're all conversant with plumbing and water, we could make
one of these next year....)

Man turns on sprinklers to create a tower of ice

By TIM MOWRY
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
Published: March 7th, 2005

For a guy who doesn't like winter, John Reeves sure has a funny way of
showing it.
How else do you explain the nearly 150-foot-tall, prehistoric-looking
tower of ice Reeves has grown -- and continues to grow -- next to the
Steese Highway eight miles north of Fairbanks?...
With nothing more than a well, a pump, some 1-inch copper pipe and a
regular old Fairbanks winter, Reeves has created something that is
absurdly Alaska....
Draped with thousands of icicles and several cauliflowers of ice
protruding from its torso, the giant white stalagmite looks like
something from the ice age. It was 141 feet tall Thursday and is still
growing. It is about 70 feet wide at the base, and it narrows as it
rises.
The "Fox Icescraper," as some are calling it, is taller than any
building in Fairbanks, though that will change in a month or two when
it begins to melt.

FULL STORY AND PICTURE HERE
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story...-6120333c.html

kathy :-)

Old 09-03-2005, 01:21 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

something from the ice age. It was 141 feet tall Thursday and is still
growing. It is about 70 feet wide at the base, and it narrows as it
rises.
The "Fox Icescraper," as some are calling it, is taller than any
building in Fairbanks, though that will change in a month or two when
it begins to melt.

FULL STORY AND PICTURE HERE
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story...-6120333c.html
kathy :-)

WOW!!!!! ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 09-03-2005, 01:53 AM
jedi

Showed husband picture... told him I wanted one...
"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

....and for your next project M Froggatt Garden Photos 0 05-06-2010 09:33 PM
Next project Muddymike United Kingdom 3 26-09-2009 05:54 AM
Will next year's sunflowers grow from this year's roots? [email protected] United Kingdom 2 24-09-2006 08:20 PM
[IBC] A new project for the next few years Samuel Gomez Bonsai 0 28-03-2003 11:44 PM