Old 18-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Reel McKoi

Default Pond people of the past....

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:15:28 -0600, "Reel McKoi" wrote:

When I first learned about this NG back in 1996 or 97 there were a lot

more
people posting messages here. There was a Kelly (?) who was "kneedeep",

the
lady from Missouri with a gorgeous pond.

Kelly is probably too busy, is she still writing for WaterGardening?

## Yes, as far as I know she is. I miss her upbeat posts here.

I'm
behind in my magazine reading. Have 2 left of Koi USA and I'm caught up,
but I have over 2 years worth of WG to catch up and I've yet to read the
last 4-6 of the defunked Pond & Garden. So glad I have my current crossing
guard job, I read between kids.

## LOL!!! I'm not quite that behind. I usually catch up on all my
magazines every other month (or so).

There was a woman called
"Goldfish" I think and many others. There was a man who raised and sold
koi commercially.

Brett & Roark (sigh) post at koiphen.com forum now days. ( So they

didn't
give up ponds, they gave up newsgroups. Probably due in part to some ISP
dropping newsgroups due to the cross posting garbage that goes on.

## What a shame! Yes, that's them. I remember them well.. ISPs are giving
up Usenet due to all the abuse complaints they receive. It's not worth
their time one ISP told me. They can spend 10 minutes or more checking
these complaints out, and most are over frivolous nonsense. However if your
ISP drops Usenet there are always free newsservers like the one I'm using to
post here. This one doesn't crosspost so even if I don't notice other NGs
in the upper header window - none will go to them.

Plus, many of these people just want to talk koi. yawn Though koiphen
does it's fair share of "chit chat" the moderators separate it out. I find
it way too hard to keep up and remember where I've posted, so I much

prefer
this format. ~ jan

## I prefer this format also. As much as I love my koi I would rather
discuss other aspects of the hobby as well.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...