Old 26-03-2005, 05:45 AM
W Dale

Default New pics

And a little commentary.
Enjoy!

W. Dale
http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html
Old 26-03-2005, 04:13 PM
G & K Meyer

Looks great. How do you take care of the pound in the winter?
Do you run a pump or air stone? Does your pond ice over?
We only had a very little ice for a few days this year. We also ran a
waterpump all winter right at the base of the pond.
We are just up the road from you, in Castle Rock. You can check out our
pond at http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=65zgxlu...my&x=0&y=8nfyg
Not as big as yours. But so far we have not lost any fish over winter. We
are seeing them come up now on the warmer days.
Good ponding to you.

Old 26-03-2005, 11:19 PM
W Dale

"W Dale" wrote in message

And a little commentary.
Enjoy!

W. Dale
http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

Hi there K & G!
What a gorgeous set up you all have! It is beautiful and I really do
like the gazebo! Very nice!
In the winter I walk around it a lot when there is no snow checking on
something. I am not sure what, but something. I also find that a nice
cup of tea or coffee is essential to the process. I used an air stone
this past winter to keep the water open. Seems to have worked pretty
well and I have not lost any fish so far this winter. During the winter
of 03-04 I probably lost 5 small fish. So far none are floating and
before the current algae bloom, I did not see any on the bottom.
I saw my fish about 2 weeks ago during our little warm spell as well.
Nice to see them becoming active! Makes those walks around the pond
more interesting. :-) .
Castle Rock. Beautiful it is up there! I love to come in off 83 (I
believe it is).
Thanks for visiting my site. I will be updating it again soon.
Have a great rest of the weekend!
W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/index.html

Old 27-03-2005, 03:54 AM
G & K Meyer

Do you know how many gal. pond yours is ? Ours is around 1000gal.
I think I would like try the airstone next winter, should be cheaper than running even my small pump all winter. What kind and how do these air pumps work? Where is a good place to pick them up.
Do you have any snakes around your pond. My wife wanted me to ask. We have a few every year, the good ones.
Thanks.

Old 27-03-2005, 05:00 AM
W Dale

Well, I'm not sure but I think it is somewhere in the 5000 gal range. I
went to Walmart and got the $10 aquarium air pump and the cheapest air
stone I could find. Worked very well! Just drop in the stone about 12
- 16 inches below the surface, put a covering (Cool Whip container) over
the pump, plug it in and let it keep the ice open for you.
Nope, I don't have any snakes - yet. We have lots of dogs and cats
around the neighborhood. That might discourage them a bit.

[...]

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Web site updated with new pics Bryan Ponds 2 05-07-2003 08:56 PM
NEW BOG PICS REBEL JOE Ponds 1 16-06-2003 08:00 PM
posted pics of my new pond and old one .... Russ and Cathy Ponds 1 30-04-2003 12:21 AM
new pics and ID request Haywire Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:16 AM