Old 29-03-2005, 09:36 PM
colin smith

Default Dead koi

One of my Koi has died ,it became lethargic I put it into isolation with
some treatment for fungal bacterial ect diseases and then returned to main
pond.After a few days it died there was no external indication of any
problems other than its behaviour.I have tested the water and its OK. I am
very new to keeping fish and I am worried that the other fish will be
affected any advice would be appreciated.

Old 30-03-2005, 04:10 AM
RichToyBox

Can you give us some more info?
What is the pond temperature?
Have the fish been being fed?
What are the numbers for ammonia, nitrite, pH, KH, nitrate?
This time of year is particularly hard on koi, since they are just waking up
from a long winters nap, their immune system is very low, parasites get a
head start, and bad bacteria can thrive at the lower temperatures.
With more info, I am sure you will get several possible ideas of what
happened, and what to do about it.
--
RichToyBox

. uk...

Old 30-03-2005, 05:17 PM
colin smith

Pond temperature is 10deg C
I have fed them a small amount of wheatgerm
When I tested the pond I can't remember the exact figures but they were
perfect according to the test kit (as I said am new to all this)The other
fish seem to be ok.
As this is my first spring with a pond I would welcome any tips you have.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:33 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:17:06 GMT, "colin smith"
wrote:

Pond temperature is 10deg C
I have fed them a small amount of wheatgerm
When I tested the pond I can't remember the exact figures

Take the tests again and give us the figures. We can tell more by those
than anything else. What's 10 C in F? below 50? Don't feed. ~ jan

[...]

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~