Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Gareee©

Default I'm back too!

Hey guys.. spring is springing, and I figured it's time to re-sub to the
group again.

Our pond is in it's second year now, and the peace lilies are coming back
quite well.

The WH died off over winter, so we don;t have many plants in the pond at
all, and of course already have a nice deep shade of green.

I'm considering a second small pond filled with plants and pumping the water
up to it, and back, hoping to clear the green without using a uv filter.

Our pond is 14x14x1-3 feet deep, and our smaller soon to be biofilter pond
it just a kids round playpool a foot deep, and maybe 5 feet across.. we
painted one black with Krylon fusion paint last year, and that's worked out
VERY well. (the pools were a buck or so on clearance, and the can of paint
was $3 or so!)

Is there a good cheap online source for pumps, since I'll need 2? (and any
recommendations on GPH?)

Our pond is thriving despite our best efforts..

Our goldfish are all doing great, we probably have a dozen or so frogs, and
probably 300 or more tadpoles right now (but I think the goldfish will be
dining quite well for a while, and take care of that.)

We also have spotted newts in our pond as well! (We're again in Waynesville,
NC.. Western North Carolina about 3,000 feet.)

Local resources for pond plants is very limited, being in the boondocks. I
know peace lilies can be taken out of dirt, and anchored in rocks and grow
very well. Are there any other readily available plants with the same
properties? (Mainly I'll be needing them for the small pond biofilter.)

Good 2 be back!

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm