Old 05-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Gary Woods

Default Peeper!!

Only one, and he shut up as soon as I stepped out of the wooded path to the
shore of the pond, but somebody is awake in there!

Still mostly ice-covered, but it's that slushy stuff that can disappear in
a flash on a sunny day. Which this is rapidly not becoming. But still...
I can see some of the pails that have hardy lilies in them, as well as the
tubs that contained lotus and failed lotus; the latter should have been
pulled out in the fall when it was warm. Time to divide lilies right after
the weekend.

High of 53F at 1420 feet elevation in Upstate NY. Day lilies budding in
the roadside ditch, and garlic shoots poking through mulch that until 3
days ago was covered with snow.

Re-lurking, happily,

Old 05-04-2005, 10:50 PM
kathy