GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need Heater for my pond...Where do I get it? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/92063-need-heater-my-pond-where-do-i-get.html)

DD DDD 07-04-2005 12:50 AM

Need Heater for my pond...Where do I get it?

I am set up and I want to get the fish in sooner this year. I have 300
gallons. But some night are 40 F So I need a heater. I tryed using a
deicer type but they are sealed and I can not bypass the thermostat in
them cause its sealed and there set at shutoff at 50f.. I can get
titanium 500 watt ones at pet store but there 80.00 and I need at least
2. I had a 500 watt in my tiny 50 gallon outdoor pond and it worked
great but 300 gallons? Maybe next year I will try a gas water heter with
pump .. but anyone have any ideas here? Thank you

dkat 07-04-2005 01:21 AM

"DD DDD" wrote in message
I am set up and I want to get the fish in sooner this year. I have 300
gallons. But some night are 40 F So I need a heater. I tryed using a
deicer type but they are sealed and I can not bypass the thermostat in
them cause its sealed and there set at shutoff at 50f.. I can get
titanium 500 watt ones at pet store but there 80.00 and I need at least
2. I had a 500 watt in my tiny 50 gallon outdoor pond and it worked
great but 300 gallons? Maybe next year I will try a gas water heter with
pump .. but anyone have any ideas here? Thank you

Are you putting in tropical fish? If not, why do you want a heater?

DD DDD 08-04-2005 05:05 AM

Yes I have some tropical fish. So I need a heater that will keep the
water at least 68 plus. Thank you

Charles 08-04-2005 05:21 AM

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:50:37 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

I am set up and I want to get the fish in sooner this year. I have 300
gallons. But some night are 40 F So I need a heater. I tryed using a
deicer type but they are sealed and I can not bypass the thermostat in
them cause its sealed and there set at shutoff at 50f.. I can get
titanium 500 watt ones at pet store but there 80.00 and I need at least
2. I had a 500 watt in my tiny 50 gallon outdoor pond and it worked
great but 300 gallons? Maybe next year I will try a gas water heter with
pump .. but anyone have any ideas here? Thank you

They are cheaper on line.

a sample:

http://www.petsolutions.com/Titanium...C-1021-C-.aspx

--
Charles

Does not play well with others.

Charles 08-04-2005 05:31 AM

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:50:37 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

I am set up and I want to get the fish in sooner this year. I have 300
gallons. But some night are 40 F So I need a heater. I tryed using a
deicer type but they are sealed and I can not bypass the thermostat in
them cause its sealed and there set at shutoff at 50f.. I can get
titanium 500 watt ones at pet store but there 80.00 and I need at least
2. I had a 500 watt in my tiny 50 gallon outdoor pond and it worked
great but 300 gallons? Maybe next year I will try a gas water heter with
pump .. but anyone have any ideas here? Thank you

Here has some

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/.../9145/cid/2227