Old 07-04-2005, 12:50 AM
DD DDD

Default Need Heater for my pond...Where do I get it?

I am set up and I want to get the fish in sooner this year. I have 300
gallons. But some night are 40 F So I need a heater. I tryed using a
deicer type but they are sealed and I can not bypass the thermostat in
them cause its sealed and there set at shutoff at 50f.. I can get
titanium 500 watt ones at pet store but there 80.00 and I need at least
2. I had a 500 watt in my tiny 50 gallon outdoor pond and it worked
great but 300 gallons? Maybe next year I will try a gas water heter with
pump .. but anyone have any ideas here? Thank you

Old 07-04-2005, 01:21 AM
dkat

"DD DDD" wrote in message
I am set up and I want to get the fish in sooner this year. I have 300
gallons. But some night are 40 F So I need a heater. I tryed using a
deicer type but they are sealed and I can not bypass the thermostat in
them cause its sealed and there set at shutoff at 50f.. I can get
titanium 500 watt ones at pet store but there 80.00 and I need at least
2. I had a 500 watt in my tiny 50 gallon outdoor pond and it worked
great but 300 gallons? Maybe next year I will try a gas water heter with
pump .. but anyone have any ideas here? Thank you

Are you putting in tropical fish? If not, why do you want a heater?

Old 07-04-2005, 01:59 AM
CanadianCowboy

As long as the water doesn't freeze your fish will live. Especially at
this time of the year.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:05 AM
DD DDD

Yes I have some tropical fish. So I need a heater that will keep the
water at least 68 plus. Thank you