GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   fine mist sprayer ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/92333-fine-mist-sprayer.html)

CanadianCowboy 12-04-2005 02:47 PM

fine mist sprayer ?

Hello,

is there such a thing for the pond and water garden world ?
My fish like it when I spray a fine mist from the hose and would
like to have a permanent mist spraying lightly on the pond. Can I build
something like this ?

Thanks !

Bob Koerber 12-04-2005 03:38 PM

CanadianCowboy wrote:

Hello,

is there such a thing for the pond and water garden world ?
My fish like it when I spray a fine mist from the hose and would
like to have a permanent mist spraying lightly on the pond. Can I
build something like this ?

Thanks !

Hi Cowboy, you can get them from any greenhouse supply company check, but a better suggestion would be a fogging unit. Take a look ath the link and see. They are quite neat.

Bob

http://www.pondsolutions.com/foggers.htm

Derek Broughton 12-04-2005 05:38 PM

CanadianCowboy wrote:

is there such a thing for the pond and water garden world ?
My fish like it when I spray a fine mist from the hose and would
like to have a permanent mist spraying lightly on the pond. Can I build
something like this ?

I had one - looked like an enormous toad (with a hose up his derriere!). I
think it came from Lee Valley tools.
--
derek

Snooze 12-04-2005 08:16 PM

"CanadianCowboy" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

is there such a thing for the pond and water garden world ?
My fish like it when I spray a fine mist from the hose and would
like to have a permanent mist spraying lightly on the pond. Can I build
something like this ?

Thanks !

I don't think you'll want a fogger/mister, because those clog easily, so
you'll have to use fresh water. However you can build one using a drip
irrigation system. Look in the sprinkler section at a hardware store, in the
drip irrigation area they might have a mist/fogger such as this one.
http://www.toro.com/sprinklers/bsd/emitters/53651.html

Drip irrigation systems come in all kinds of heads, so you might find the
spray pattern you're looking for there.

Failing that, I think a better solution would be to take a pump, add a 3/4"
riser pipe, then i install a bubbler sprinker head or a fountain head.

-S