Old 12-04-2005, 02:47 PM
CanadianCowboy

Default fine mist sprayer ?

Hello,

is there such a thing for the pond and water garden world ?
My fish like it when I spray a fine mist from the hose and would
like to have a permanent mist spraying lightly on the pond. Can I build
something like this ?

Thanks !
Old 12-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Bob Koerber

CanadianCowboy wrote:

Hello,

is there such a thing for the pond and water garden world ?
My fish like it when I spray a fine mist from the hose and would
like to have a permanent mist spraying lightly on the pond. Can I
build something like this ?

Thanks !

Hi Cowboy, you can get them from any greenhouse supply company check, but a better suggestion would be a fogging unit. Take a look ath the link and see. They are quite neat.

Bob

http://www.pondsolutions.com/foggers.htm
Old 12-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Derek Broughton

CanadianCowboy wrote:

is there such a thing for the pond and water garden world ?
My fish like it when I spray a fine mist from the hose and would
like to have a permanent mist spraying lightly on the pond. Can I build
something like this ?

I had one - looked like an enormous toad (with a hose up his derriere!). I
think it came from Lee Valley tools.
--
derek
Old 12-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Snooze

"CanadianCowboy" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

is there such a thing for the pond and water garden world ?
My fish like it when I spray a fine mist from the hose and would
like to have a permanent mist spraying lightly on the pond. Can I build
something like this ?

Thanks !

I don't think you'll want a fogger/mister, because those clog easily, so
you'll have to use fresh water. However you can build one using a drip
irrigation system. Look in the sprinkler section at a hardware store, in the
drip irrigation area they might have a mist/fogger such as this one.
http://www.toro.com/sprinklers/bsd/emitters/53651.html

Drip irrigation systems come in all kinds of heads, so you might find the
spray pattern you're looking for there.

Failing that, I think a better solution would be to take a pump, add a 3/4"
riser pipe, then i install a bubbler sprinker head or a fountain head.

-S

mist units Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 2 14-04-2004 08:05 PM
Mist propagation Franz Heymann United Kingdom 28 28-10-2003 09:32 AM
Mist propagation Franz Heymann United Kingdom 0 26-10-2003 03:03 PM
Avalon Mist Generator Augie Dawg Orchids 0 24-06-2003 11:56 PM
low pressure mist/fog nozzles P. J. Bloodworth Orchids 3 10-03-2003 12:57 AM