Old 15-04-2005, 12:27 AM
~Roy~

Default Have a few lilly blooms on the way up

Counted 6 so far, that are close to breaking the surface.

Iris are going wild with more and more blooms everyday......Water
temps in the low 70's, in the range of the surface to about 3 feet
deep.......About a week ago I saturated a lot of the ponds edge with
Impatientsand they are looking super.

Now if I could get what a lot of aquatic plant suppliers get for
Parrots feather I would be a rich individual........I quit counting
the trailerfulls of the stuff I removed....which is not a hard job,
but it requires getting in and personal with the pond and its
inhabitants.

I still have a few toad / frog spawns here and there, but I would say
most have already hatched as the edges of the pond and shallow areas
are just packed full of tadpoles...........but the Gambusia sure do
not waste any time having young........There are thousands of tiny fry
all over the edges in the grasses etc..........

In all the years I have had the pond, this is the first year, that I
have actually seen a frog setting on the lilly pads. It was just a
very tiny one, but it was setting on a miniature (Helvola) that I have
planted in a preform. It was at night, and the lilly sets under a low
voltage light that illuminates the planted section, so I guess it was
a good advantage place to catch bugs.....

Few Leaves - Plenty of Blooms YMC Roses 1 29-01-2009 10:16 PM
Should have my first lilly bloms any day now..... ~Roy~ Ponds 0 19-04-2005 02:07 AM
lilly blooms O3raledale Ponds 5 16-08-2003 02:02 PM
lilly blooms O3raledale Ponds 1 15-08-2003 06:02 AM
lilly blooms O3raledale Ponds 0 15-08-2003 06:00 AM