Old 15-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Ponder

Default any opinions?

http://www.thenyscene.com/pond/2.htm
thats my pond pics as of today.. i JUST filled it up after a nice cleaning
and built a biofilter!

anyone have any suggestions?

John

Old 15-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Sharon Bagnell

That is going to look brilliant after a year or two of surround plant
growth. I noticed in one photo that it look like you were adding a garden.
Nice back drop to the total pond picture.

Great. Congratulations.

Old 15-04-2005, 12:37 PM
W Dale

Nice! That is going to be awesome when you finish with the land
scapeing. :-) . Just don't be surprised when you find this all "habit
forming"! :-D .
Good job, and welcome to ponding!!
W. Dale
http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

Old 15-04-2005, 01:06 PM
CanadianCowboy

I would just make sure you are top up the water right to the rocks so it
hides the liner and looks more natural.

Looks very similar to mine in design !

Old 16-04-2005, 06:02 PM
PondLover

John, I noticed you used a rubbermaid container for your filter, may I
ask what you used for a filtration system?

Old 16-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Ponder

its the container with pvc piping going down to the bottom on the container
into 2 sperated 90s (creating circulation on the bottom of the filter. then,
theres about 50 square pieces of filter media that the water must pass
through before leaving the the next 2 outlets of the filter into my water
fall.
did i explain that well enough? if not... email me, we'll talk about it. its
pretty simple

john

ups.com...

Old 17-04-2005, 04:14 PM
PondLover

Yes you explained it well enough. I use to use a similar filter but did
not like the color of the rubbermaid so I found a large wood barrel,
placed a liner in it and put together a similar filtration with a water
spill into my pond. It work great. Clear clean water. Nice pond. Judy