GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   filters (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/92960-filters.html)

uvdoc 24-04-2005 01:47 PM

filters

Hi I have tetra pond bio filter and want to know if there is anything
better then the filter material out there to use their filters are so
expensive here over twenty dollars I also use the tetra uv light so have no
problems with green water but need something good for filtering out the
small things in the water any suggestions?

George 24-04-2005 03:44 PM

"uvdoc" wrote in message
Hi I have tetra pond bio filter and want to know if there is anything
better then the filter material out there to use their filters are so
expensive here over twenty dollars I also use the tetra uv light so have no
problems with green water but need something good for filtering out the
small things in the water any suggestions?

You can get porous high density material at Lowes, or any hardware store. The
only recommendation I can make on the small particles is to clean your filter
more often. But you are always going to have some suspended particles, even if
the water appears transparent.

~ jan JJsPond.us 24-04-2005 05:37 PM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 08:47:58 -0400, "uvdoc" wrote:

Hi I have tetra pond bio filter and want to know if there is anything
better then the filter material out there to use their filters are so
expensive here over twenty dollars I also use the tetra uv light so have no
problems with green water but need something good for filtering out the
small things in the water any suggestions?

Check out www.aquaticeco.com they carry a lot of filter media in bulk, cut
to size. Ask for their free catalog. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 24-04-2005 07:59 PM

Think PLANTS with roots. Watercress, hyacinth, water celery will have
thick roots that will filter the particles really well if they are in a
veggie filter. Ours are 4' x 8' and collect virtually all the
particles. We drain them annually. They do need a second pond to work...

Jim