Old 24-04-2005, 01:47 PM
uvdoc

Default filters

Hi I have tetra pond bio filter and want to know if there is anything
better then the filter material out there to use their filters are so
expensive here over twenty dollars I also use the tetra uv light so have no
problems with green water but need something good for filtering out the
small things in the water any suggestions?

Old 24-04-2005, 03:44 PM
George

"uvdoc" wrote in message
Hi I have tetra pond bio filter and want to know if there is anything
better then the filter material out there to use their filters are so
expensive here over twenty dollars I also use the tetra uv light so have no
problems with green water but need something good for filtering out the
small things in the water any suggestions?

You can get porous high density material at Lowes, or any hardware store. The
only recommendation I can make on the small particles is to clean your filter
more often. But you are always going to have some suspended particles, even if
the water appears transparent.

Old 24-04-2005, 05:37 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 08:47:58 -0400, "uvdoc" wrote:

Hi I have tetra pond bio filter and want to know if there is anything
better then the filter material out there to use their filters are so
expensive here over twenty dollars I also use the tetra uv light so have no
problems with green water but need something good for filtering out the
small things in the water any suggestions?

Check out www.aquaticeco.com they carry a lot of filter media in bulk, cut
to size. Ask for their free catalog. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 24-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Think PLANTS with roots. Watercress, hyacinth, water celery will have
thick roots that will filter the particles really well if they are in a
veggie filter. Ours are 4' x 8' and collect virtually all the
particles. We drain them annually. They do need a second pond to work...

Jim