Old 25-04-2005, 12:12 AM
~Roy~

Default Just got a heap of fish and all asociated equipment FREE

Wife and I went to Petsmart today and there was an ad on their
bulletin board for free pond, fish etc. I called and the place was
only 2 or 3 miles away from Petsmart, so off we went. Got 7 extremely
nice Wakins of approx 4" in length.....a nice full of eggs Comet about
12 inches in length, and lots of other assorted sized comets and fan
tails and lots of koi. I counted close to 40 fish total.......Koi are
nothing fancy and I think a few of them are mixed Comet/koi's but
thats ok too. Brought everything home including the liner......The
pump is a nice Pondmaster, and also a fountain and filter setup, feed
and all the plants, and some underwater lights and power supply. I
evenb got to get all the rocks and that alone was worth the trip, as
rocks in Alabama are costly! . Heck all I hace to do is dig a hole and
its all there......But I do not want to fool with that right now so
they are all presently in 2, 300 gal stock tanks, until tomorrow when
I will probably dose em with PP, and then let m be for 4 to 6 weeks
before I introduce them into my pond........

Awhile back we bought a small yellow and black koi at Petsmart that
had the letter "A" on its face.......Its a perfect black colored
letter A, and we live in Alabama, so even though we were not going to
buy any fish that day we just could not resist when we noticed it had
the letter A on its face. Then today , its a one in a million chance,
but one Wakin had a letter T in red on one side and what appears to be
a letter J on its opther side. The letters are individual Red colored
scales in just the right place.......My wifes initials and nickname is
"TJ" so she is emphatuated with this Wakin with her initials on it.

NOw don;t get me wrong, its not letter perfect but the way the scales
on this Wakin are that I am calling letters are not perfect but they
do resemble those letters pretty darn close......

Old 25-04-2005, 12:51 AM
RichToyBox

Roy,

If you don't start digging soon, the liner will rust, and what would you
ever do with all those rocks.
--
RichToyBox

Old 27-04-2005, 04:44 AM
Ann in Houston

ahem.. where are the pics of this phenomenon? Hmmmm???