Old 04-05-2005, 04:47 AM
nortyler

Default Plants for the filter?

I am wondering what plants work well in a Skippy Filter?

Old 04-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Reel McKoi

"nortyler" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am wondering what plants work well in a Skippy Filter?

========================
I'm not sure what a Skippy filter is but do have a settling tank type filter
on my 2000 gallon pond. I use fast growers and heavy feeders in this
filter. These are mainly yellow swamp iris, water lettuce and water
hyacinth. As they crowd each other out I move the excess to the compost
pile.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 04-05-2005, 01:39 PM
nortyler

Thanks McKoi,

How do you get the iris to stand up without using a pot?

Old 04-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Reel McKoi

"nortyler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks McKoi,

How do you get the iris to stand up without using a pot?

==========================
I do have them in pots. There would be no way to flush and clean the
settling-tank/filter if they weren't. I have them in those black plastic
pond plant pots. The roots grow over and through the pot. The lettuce and
hyacinths just float as you know.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 04-05-2005, 04:26 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Plants for skippy filter. Try water cress, you can set it on top of the
filter media, and it will root into it. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 04-05-2005, 05:50 PM
dave

WARNING WARNING
TROLL ALERT

On 4 May 2005 05:59:13 -0700, "jabriol" wrote:

you forgot AFN
Reel McKoi wrote:
oups.com...