GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where do you get beckett 1 1/2 inch tee barbed ends (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/93773-where-do-you-get-beckett-1-1-2-inch-tee-barbed-ends.html)

DD DDD 08-05-2005 11:17 PM

Where do you get beckett 1 1/2 inch tee barbed ends

I cant find a 1 1/2 inch barbed tee for my beckett flex tubing. It looks
like pool type hose in black and more flexible. But every pool place and
hardware has 1 1/2 but the beckett is just I tiny bit smaller. Why do
they do that? I cant find any plastic parts or adapters to make up what
I need. Thank you

[email protected] 08-05-2005 11:42 PM

Have you tried the hardware type store? I did get some stuff in the
plumbing department. Good luck.

~Roy~ 08-05-2005 11:42 PM

On Sun, 8 May 2005 17:17:58 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

===I cant find a 1 1/2 inch barbed tee for my beckett flex tubing. It looks
===like pool type hose in black and more flexible. But every pool place and
===hardware has 1 1/2 but the beckett is just I tiny bit smaller. Why do
===they do that? I cant find any plastic parts or adapters to make up what
===I need. Thank you

How about thoe poly fittings used with the black hose thats run for
wells etc. It may be a bit larger, but perhaps if your stuck between a
rock and a hard place and unable to fid the beckett, you can heat the
tube you have with hot water, and force it over another brand barbed
T. I boil the ends of the 1/2" tube and it gets so soft you can force
it over the low voltage light bulbs, and the 3/4" tube I can fit over
1/2" PVC pipe.....and even a 1/2" PVC pipe coupling it will stretch to
fit.

Tom L. La Bron 09-05-2005 12:22 AM

DD DDD,

Try LOWES, and if that doesn't work get a pan of very hot water, soak the
end of the tubing and after about 3 to 5 minutes push it on to the barb tee
you already have. Works for me all the time. Just make sure the clamping
device is already on the tubing before you start to soak it.

Tom L.L.

Reel McKoi 09-05-2005 01:11 AM

"DD DDD" wrote in message
I cant find a 1 1/2 inch barbed tee for my beckett flex tubing. It looks
like pool type hose in black and more flexible. But every pool place and
hardware has 1 1/2 but the beckett is just I tiny bit smaller. Why do
they do that? I cant find any plastic parts or adapters to make up what
I need. Thank you

=====================
ACE Hardware, Home Depot and Lowe's would be your best bets.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
EVERYONE: "Please check people's

Gale Pearce 09-05-2005 02:14 AM

This has been a problem for the last few years when they started mixing
metric and imperial sizes, especially the "kink free" ribbed hose. I found
the best way is to use a fitting that is tight and soak the hose in hot
water as Tom mentions in his response below - don't worry about Beckett, any
barbed tee will do
Gale :~)