Old 08-05-2005, 11:17 PM
DD DDD

Default Where do you get beckett 1 1/2 inch tee barbed ends

I cant find a 1 1/2 inch barbed tee for my beckett flex tubing. It looks
like pool type hose in black and more flexible. But every pool place and
hardware has 1 1/2 but the beckett is just I tiny bit smaller. Why do
they do that? I cant find any plastic parts or adapters to make up what
I need. Thank you

Old 08-05-2005, 11:42 PM

Have you tried the hardware type store? I did get some stuff in the
plumbing department. Good luck.

Old 09-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Tom L. La Bron

DD DDD,

Try LOWES, and if that doesn't work get a pan of very hot water, soak the
end of the tubing and after about 3 to 5 minutes push it on to the barb tee
you already have. Works for me all the time. Just make sure the clamping
device is already on the tubing before you start to soak it.

Tom L.L.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Reel McKoi

"DD DDD" wrote in message
I cant find a 1 1/2 inch barbed tee for my beckett flex tubing. It looks
like pool type hose in black and more flexible. But every pool place and
hardware has 1 1/2 but the beckett is just I tiny bit smaller. Why do
they do that? I cant find any plastic parts or adapters to make up what
I need. Thank you

=====================
ACE Hardware, Home Depot and Lowe's would be your best bets.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
EVERYONE: "Please check people's

Old 09-05-2005, 02:14 AM
Gale Pearce

This has been a problem for the last few years when they started mixing
metric and imperial sizes, especially the "kink free" ribbed hose. I found
the best way is to use a fitting that is tight and soak the hose in hot
water as Tom mentions in his response below - don't worry about Beckett, any
barbed tee will do
Gale :~)