Old 17-05-2005, 03:59 AM
DD DDD

Default Whoops, I left my UV light on with the pump off

I turn my pump off 2 times a day for a hour (see other post) Now I read
the FAQ and it says not to leave the UV light on without water flowing.
Did I damage the light? Its been on 7 days. Only 2 hours a day were
without water flow. What happens when you do this to the light? Does it
burn out? I will hook it up to the pump timer now, so then it all goes
on and off at the same time.Thank you

Old 17-05-2005, 04:49 AM
George

"DD DDD" wrote in message
I turn my pump off 2 times a day for a hour (see other post) Now I read
the FAQ and it says not to leave the UV light on without water flowing.
Did I damage the light? Its been on 7 days. Only 2 hours a day were
without water flow. What happens when you do this to the light? Does it
burn out? I will hook it up to the pump timer now, so then it all goes
on and off at the same time.Thank you

Water flowing through the filter keeps it cool. With no water flow, the UV bulb
can overheat and damage the unit.