GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tadpoles! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/94241-tadpoles.html)

Gail Futoran 17-05-2005 05:35 PM

tadpoles!

Ok, I know it's not a big deal but I still get a
thrill when I see these little buggers swarming all
over my pond. :) The minnows spawned at the
same time so it's quite the symphony of wriggly
black tadpoles and teensy gold or black minnows.

On the down side, I lost one of my oldest
shubunkin (different pond) - only about 4 years
old but that's as long as I've had ponds - and I
don't know why. I was cleaning the filter yesterday
and spotted it lying on its side in front of the tank,
mostly dried out so it had been dead for awhile. :(
Last time I saw it, probably only a few days ago,
it looked fine.

Gail
near San Antonio TX

BenignVanilla 17-05-2005 06:00 PM

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
Ok, I know it's not a big deal but I still get a
thrill when I see these little buggers swarming all
over my pond. :) The minnows spawned at the
same time so it's quite the symphony of wriggly
black tadpoles and teensy gold or black minnows.

On the down side, I lost one of my oldest
shubunkin (different pond) - only about 4 years
old but that's as long as I've had ponds - and I
don't know why. I was cleaning the filter yesterday
and spotted it lying on its side in front of the tank,
mostly dried out so it had been dead for awhile. :(
Last time I saw it, probably only a few days ago,
it looked fine.

We're not quite there yet. But last year's bull's are HUGE!!!!

--
BV
http://www.iheartmypond.com

kathy 17-05-2005 09:06 PM

I love tadpoles, too!
They are such an amazing critter
considering the change they go
thru from egg to froglet.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com

Windsong 19-05-2005 10:30 AM

Gail Futoran wrote:
Ok, I know it's not a big deal but I still get a
thrill when I see these little buggers swarming all
over my pond. :)

They are very tasty as well. A bit of salt an pepper. I feed my pet
baboon a few all the time.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"Please check people's headers for forgeries