Old 17-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Gail Futoran

Default tadpoles!

Ok, I know it's not a big deal but I still get a
thrill when I see these little buggers swarming all
over my pond. The minnows spawned at the
same time so it's quite the symphony of wriggly
black tadpoles and teensy gold or black minnows.

On the down side, I lost one of my oldest
shubunkin (different pond) - only about 4 years
old but that's as long as I've had ponds - and I
don't know why. I was cleaning the filter yesterday
and spotted it lying on its side in front of the tank,
mostly dried out so it had been dead for awhile.
Last time I saw it, probably only a few days ago,
it looked fine.

Gail
near San Antonio TX

Old 17-05-2005, 06:00 PM
BenignVanilla

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
Ok, I know it's not a big deal but I still get a
thrill when I see these little buggers swarming all
over my pond. The minnows spawned at the
same time so it's quite the symphony of wriggly
black tadpoles and teensy gold or black minnows.

On the down side, I lost one of my oldest
shubunkin (different pond) - only about 4 years
old but that's as long as I've had ponds - and I
don't know why. I was cleaning the filter yesterday
and spotted it lying on its side in front of the tank,
mostly dried out so it had been dead for awhile.
Last time I saw it, probably only a few days ago,
it looked fine.

We're not quite there yet. But last year's bull's are HUGE!!!!

--
BV
http://www.iheartmypond.com

Old 17-05-2005, 09:06 PM
kathy

I love tadpoles, too!
They are such an amazing critter
considering the change they go
thru from egg to froglet.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com

Old 19-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Windsong

Gail Futoran wrote:
Ok, I know it's not a big deal but I still get a
thrill when I see these little buggers swarming all
over my pond.

They are very tasty as well. A bit of salt an pepper. I feed my pet
baboon a few all the time.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"Please check people's headers for forgeries

Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds 7 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds (alternative) 11 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Tadpoles, what to feed? K30a Ponds 2 06-05-2003 03:56 AM
Tadpoles eating my Water Lilys - Any suggestions? IKD Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Where the heck are the tadpoles? Sam Hopkins Ponds 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM