GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My Pond Photo Gallary (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/94640-my-pond-photo-gallary.html)

koifun.com 23-05-2005 11:38 PM

My Pond Photo Gallary

Check out my koi pond and comment! Thanks,
http://www.koifun.com/koi/webgallery/index.html

Please join our ponding community in the Pacific Northwest. I'm in
Vancouver Canada. http://koifun.com/forum

Yorkshire Pudding 23-05-2005 11:55 PM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 22:38:19 GMT, "koifun.com"
wrote:

Check out my koi pond and comment! Thanks,
http://www.koifun.com/koi/webgallery/index.html

Please join our ponding community in the Pacific Northwest. I'm in
Vancouver Canada. http://koifun.com/forum

Nice pond, nice fish, nice piccies, nice website, nice dog, nice cat.
Extra compliments are charged at a nominal rate of £1/compliment :))))

Howard
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/otters/Fish.htm

Reel McKoi 24-05-2005 02:30 AM

"koifun.com" wrote in message
Check out my koi pond and comment! Thanks,
http://www.koifun.com/koi/webgallery/index.html

==================
Beautiful!!! I love that waterfall.....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

~ janj JJsPond.us 24-05-2005 02:54 AM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 22:38:19 GMT, "koifun.com" wrote:

Check out my koi pond and comment! Thanks,
http://www.koifun.com/koi/webgallery/index.html

Please join our ponding community in the Pacific Northwest. I'm in
Vancouver Canada. http://koifun.com/forum

Absolutely lovely. What is the tree with white flowers to the right on
Image 0002? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

koifun.com 24-05-2005 03:06 AM

Jan,

That tree is a magnolia it's grown quite a bit in! I love how those flowers
look like they are on layers.

Thanks for your compliments

~ janj JJsPond.us 24-05-2005 04:05 PM

I just found out that that tree is not a magnolia, I'll check on it for you
and get back to you. It's from my sister she should know what it is.

I feel better. I've seen magnolia, it didn't look like any I was familiar
with, but that's not saying it isn't, or now, wasn't one. I know there is a
late blooming (I think) Dogwood, with Star in it's name, that's what it
kind of looked like to me. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Gary Woods 24-05-2005 04:22 PM

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

I know there is a
late blooming (I think) Dogwood, with Star in it's name,

There are magnolias with star-shaped flowers, though. I'm not hazarding a
guess, because "horticulture" still reminds me of a bawdy calculus
instructor long ago in a galaxy far away.

43 and drizzle. Not enough energy to walk down to the pond, and elderly dog
is quite happy to stay indoors!

~Roy~ 24-05-2005 07:06 PM

98 @ 1130 am today and getting hotter........no rain forcasted for
next 10 days, at least that will amount to anything.. Just clear sunny
hot weather.........y'all are loosing out on spring with that cold and
dreary stuff your getting..........

On Tue, 24 May 2005 15:22:31 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

===~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:
===
=== I know there is a
===late blooming (I think) Dogwood, with Star in it's name,
===
===There are magnolias with star-shaped flowers, though. I'm not hazarding a
===guess, because "horticulture" still reminds me of a bawdy calculus
===instructor long ago in a galaxy far away.
===
===43 and drizzle. Not enough energy to walk down to the pond, and elderly dog
===is quite happy to stay indoors!
===
===
===Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic
===Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1420' elevation. NY WO G

Derek Broughton 24-05-2005 07:09 PM

Gary Woods wrote:

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

I know there is a
late blooming (I think) Dogwood, with Star in it's name,

There are magnolias with star-shaped flowers, though. I'm not hazarding a
guess, because "horticulture" still reminds me of a bawdy calculus
instructor long ago in a galaxy far away.

Magnolias come in "Star" and "Saucer" types. iirc, Star magnolias are a bit
more hardy. This one looks like it _could_ be a magnolia, but there isn't
enough resolution on the picture to be sure - the flowers are big enough
(and the right colour) to be saucer magnolias, and the wood tends to grow
"shrubby" like that.
--
derek

~ janj JJsPond.us 25-05-2005 01:29 AM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:06:25 GMT, (~Roy~) wrote:

98 @ 1130 am today and getting hotter........

Melting? What part of TX are you in? My son is at Ft. Hood, he called the
other day saying it was 102F? I think he preferred Iraq, where it was
drier, like home. ;-) What's the humidity like where you're at? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~