GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Red eared southern slider :-))) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/94892-red-eared-southern-slider.html)

Reel McKoi 28-05-2005 03:11 AM

Red eared southern slider :-)))

When I fed the fish this evening at sundown I saw a baby red-eared slider
come swimming out of a bunch of elodea and snarf up some pellets!!! I've
never seen one of these in my ponds before. Somehow it got through the net.
It seemed more shy and fearful than the baby mud turtles I had several
summers ago. Since these are not bad tempered and nasty like the snappers,
I'll leave it in the pond. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

[email protected] 28-05-2005 11:57 PM

In , on 05/27/05
at 09:11 PM, "Reel McKoi" said:

When I fed the fish this evening at sundown I saw a baby red-eared slider
come swimming out of a bunch of elodea and snarf up some pellets!!!
I've never seen one of these in my ponds before. Somehow it got through
the net. It seemed more shy and fearful than the baby mud turtles I had
several summers ago. Since these are not bad tempered and nasty like the
snappers, I'll leave it in the pond. :-)

My painted turtle won't eat the fish pellets - just spits them out. It
eats the turtle pellets. Unfortunately, so do the fish if the turtle
doesn't get them first. :(

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

Reel McKoi 29-05-2005 01:13 AM

wrote in message
ganews.com...
In , on 05/27/05
at 09:11 PM, "Reel McKoi" said:

When I fed the fish this evening at sundown I saw a baby red-eared slider
come swimming out of a bunch of elodea and snarf up some pellets!!!
I've never seen one of these in my ponds before. Somehow it got through
the net. It seemed more shy and fearful than the baby mud turtles I had
several summers ago. Since these are not bad tempered and nasty like the
snappers, I'll leave it in the pond. :-)

My painted turtle won't eat the fish pellets - just spits them out. It
eats the turtle pellets. Unfortunately, so do the fish if the turtle
doesn't get them first. :(

Alan

These are both catfish and koi/goldfish pellets. I notice this little
turtle likes the catfish pellets best. He goes for them first.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...