Old 28-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Reel McKoi

Default Red eared southern slider :-)))

When I fed the fish this evening at sundown I saw a baby red-eared slider
come swimming out of a bunch of elodea and snarf up some pellets!!! I've
never seen one of these in my ponds before. Somehow it got through the net.
It seemed more shy and fearful than the baby mud turtles I had several
summers ago. Since these are not bad tempered and nasty like the snappers,
I'll leave it in the pond. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 28-05-2005, 11:57 PM

In , on 05/27/05
at 09:11 PM, "Reel McKoi" said:

When I fed the fish this evening at sundown I saw a baby red-eared slider
come swimming out of a bunch of elodea and snarf up some pellets!!!
I've never seen one of these in my ponds before. Somehow it got through
the net. It seemed more shy and fearful than the baby mud turtles I had
several summers ago. Since these are not bad tempered and nasty like the
snappers, I'll leave it in the pond. :-)

My painted turtle won't eat the fish pellets - just spits them out. It
eats the turtle pellets. Unfortunately, so do the fish if the turtle
doesn't get them first.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

Old 29-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Reel McKoi

wrote in message
ganews.com...
In , on 05/27/05
at 09:11 PM, "Reel McKoi" said:

When I fed the fish this evening at sundown I saw a baby red-eared slider
come swimming out of a bunch of elodea and snarf up some pellets!!!
I've never seen one of these in my ponds before. Somehow it got through
the net. It seemed more shy and fearful than the baby mud turtles I had
several summers ago. Since these are not bad tempered and nasty like the
snappers, I'll leave it in the pond. :-)

My painted turtle won't eat the fish pellets - just spits them out. It
eats the turtle pellets. Unfortunately, so do the fish if the turtle
doesn't get them first.

Alan

===========================
These are both catfish and koi/goldfish pellets. I notice this little
turtle likes the catfish pellets best. He goes for them first.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...

Red eared slider in a Koi pond joe Ponds 8 01-10-2011 08:24 AM
Red eared slider turtle Mainpin Ponds 9 16-01-2004 05:42 AM
OT? red eared slider johnrutz Ponds 5 30-07-2003 06:12 PM
RED EARED SLIDER Mainpin Ponds 4 07-06-2003 08:44 PM
Sick Red eared Slider Rhino Ponds 2 08-04-2003 07:56 PM