Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 AM
John Bachman

Default Why I shun the cheap way.

The one time I didn't shun the cheap way I messed up. I decided to
fertilize my lilies with plain old 10-10-10. No need to buy those
expensive pills, they are just 10-20-10, right?

Lined up the pots with a piece of 3/4-inch PVC, poured some 10-10-10
into it and jabbed it home with plastic covered tomato stake. Slick.
I did have some spillage though. Didn't give the spillage a second
thought at the time.

My formerly crystal clear water is so green even the fish cannot find
the surface.

These are the kinds of mistakes one does not repeat. At least until
that Alzheimer's thing starts kicking in.

John

Old 09-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Koi4Me

"John Bachman" wrote in message
The one time I didn't shun the cheap way I messed up. I decided to
fertilize my lilies with plain old 10-10-10. No need to buy those
expensive pills, they are just 10-20-10, right?

Lined up the pots with a piece of 3/4-inch PVC, poured some 10-10-10
into it and jabbed it home with plastic covered tomato stake. Slick.
I did have some spillage though. Didn't give the spillage a second
thought at the time.

My formerly crystal clear water is so green even the fish cannot find
the surface.

These are the kinds of mistakes one does not repeat. At least until
that Alzheimer's thing starts kicking in.

John

I use 10-10-10 to GREEN-UP water for my fry. For my plants and water lilies
I use Jobe's Rose Stakes broken into 3rds and 4ths. I push them into the
soil and cover with more soil and gravel. Never a green water problem. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered User

lol. Yes some mistakes we won't make again. I have some classics of my own.