GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond update - the frogs have come (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/96328-pond-update-frogs-have-come.html)

mark Bannister 22-06-2005 09:19 PM

Pond update - the frogs have come

The frogs have come! The frogs have come!
It doesn't take them long. Ponds been up 3-4 weeks. We had a big rain
the other night and had 3-4 green frogs hopping all over the pond.
Quite tame. They will just sit there while you stroke them.
I guess all I have to do now is wait for the neighbors to complain.
Mark B.

Reel McKoi 22-06-2005 10:13 PM

"mark Bannister" wrote in message
The frogs have come! The frogs have come!

$$ You'll also get toads, newts and other critters. :-)

It doesn't take them long. Ponds been up 3-4 weeks. We had a big rain
the other night and had 3-4 green frogs hopping all over the pond.
Quite tame. They will just sit there while you stroke them.

$$ Our let us get about 2' away - then dive for cover.

--
$$ Lets hope they're nature lovers.......

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

kathy 22-06-2005 10:43 PM

Green frogs sound like twangy banjos.
Tell them you are a musican and how
dare they critisize your art!

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ introducing Miss Lily,
a painted turtle

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Priscilla McCullough 22-06-2005 11:58 PM

I have the green tree frogs. They are not tame at all. You don't even see
them but boy do you hear them at night.
They make a really loud noise thats a bit like quacking. You can hear them
all night.
So far I haven't gotta any calls from any hostile or angry neighbors.
Priss
oups.com...