Old 11-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Tiz

Default wich rose?

I would ike to cover my fence with roses ? any help on wich to buy?
Tiz thank you

Member of the Italy Travel Guide www.vacanze.net .

Old 11-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Radika Kesavan

Tiz wrote:
I would ike to cover my fence with roses ? any help on wich to buy?
Tiz thank you

Depends on which climate you are located. There are many good roses that
will cover the fences quickly where I live that will be unsuitable for
someone in a colder climate. So, please tell us where you live and also
whether you want thorny climbers or not-so prickly ones. If you please.

--
Radika
California

Old 12-02-2003, 04:25 AM
Theo Asir

Since you do not mentions where
you are. let me suggest the absolute
perfect low maintenance rose. Useful
anywhere in the US.

NEW DAWN.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 12-02-2003, 06:25 AM
Cass

In article , Theo Asir
wrote:

Since you do not mentions where
you are. let me suggest the absolute
perfect low maintenance rose. Useful
anywhere in the US.

NEW DAWN.

Except it's a once bloomer in coastal California. Odd, huh?
Old 12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Theo Asir

NEW DAWN.

Except it's a once bloomer in coastal California. Odd, huh?

I havn't heard of that.

Is it so in the north coastal area
or the hotter south coastal area.

For me it doesn't repeat flushes.
There is a fantastic spring bloom
and then it keeps flowering at about 25%
of the that non stop till frost.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 13-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Julia

Cass wrote:
NEW DAWN.

Except it's a once bloomer in coastal California. Odd, huh?

And it's just about a no bloomer in coastal southern California.

Old 13-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Cass

In article , Theo Asir
wrote:

NEW DAWN.

Except it's a once bloomer in coastal California. Odd, huh?

I havn't heard of that.

Is it so in the north coastal area
or the hotter south coastal area.

For me it doesn't repeat flushes.
There is a fantastic spring bloom
and then it keeps flowering at about 25%
of the that non stop till frost.

I think of New Dawn as sort of silvery, a gorgeous rose that I will
grow some day.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...awnCloseup.jpg

The nurseries in Sonoma Country warn people that New Dawn doesn't
repeat well on the coast here, especially when the weather is mild. I
don't grow it, tho I love the way it looks. I have a seedling, Penny
Lane, just a tiny OR, coming along. The color is very similar, tho a
warmer blush pink.

Another possibility is that its flowering wood may be too easy to
deadhead off. I read in Scaniello's Climbing Roses that New Dawn and
its offspring should be deadheaded very carefully, just removing the
spent blooms and not reducing the length of the laterals. I only have
two offspring, Compassion and Penny Lane, and they are both too young
to experiment with. Of course it makes no sense that this is what
operates here on the coast and no where else. Maybe it's a bad clone,
maybe it's just not a mild climate rose. There are those too, ya know?