GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My Roses have gone to bed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/151174-my-roses-have-gone-bed.html)

Jeffrey L. Kline 25-11-2006 10:32 PM

My Roses have gone to bed

I've just finished putting my roses to bed. 12 inches of compose at the
base of each of the 200+ roses, after cutting them back to about 2.5 feet.
My cuttings are down in the basement, growing under the lights, and I've
tilled up the ground for next year's new garden.

So now what?

Jeff Southeast Michigan Zone 5

Jay on Capitol Hill 01-01-2007 05:57 PM

My Roses have gone to bed

Enjoy the time off!
Look through catalogs to buy some more for 2007 -
Happy new Year

Gail Futoran 02-01-2007 03:54 AM

My Roses have gone to bed

"Jay on Capitol Hill" wrote in message
Enjoy the time off!
Look through catalogs to buy some more for 2007 -
Happy new Year

I've just finished putting my roses to bed. 12 inches of compose at the
base of each of the 200+ roses, after cutting them back to about 2.5 feet.
My cuttings are down in the basement, growing under the lights, and I've
tilled up the ground for next year's new garden.

So now what?

Jeff Southeast Michigan Zone 5

Whoa, a lot of work! And a lot of roses! I
have about 150 but where I live there's no need
for winterizing. I did lose a few newly planted
roses due to a late cold snap several years
ago, but that usually doesn't happen.

I wish I had your energy. At this point I'm
willing to replace dead roses, but not to expand
the rose garden anymore.

Have a good year.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA