GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My first Shovel Prune (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/15386-my-first-shovel-prune.html)

Huskies4all 17-04-2003 11:56 PM

My first Shovel Prune

Heehee.

It felt sooooooo good.

Bye bye sick, sad, pathetic dying Mr. Lincoln, hello Fragrant Cloud.

The Mr L. had never grown well, it was on it's third year, every year it
would send up a couple new canes, then die back. When I dug him up there
were almost NO roots to speak of. Gee, wonder why he wasn't growing?

CJ

Daniel Hanna 19-04-2003 06:20 AM

My first Shovel Prune

In Huskies4all wrote:
Bye bye sick, sad, pathetic dying Mr. Lincoln, hello Fragrant Cloud.

I wouldn't regard Fragrant Cloud as any more vigorous than Mr Lincoln.
Good luck - you may need it!

Huskies4all 24-04-2003 04:32 AM

My first Shovel Prune

In article .com.au,
says...
I wouldn't regard Fragrant Cloud as any more vigorous than Mr Lincoln.
Good luck - you may need it!

I'm not too worried. (famous last words, eh?) I had two Mr. Lincoln's in
identical soil, and one is doing very well. The one I dug up had never
done well at all.

CJ

Huskies4all 24-04-2003 04:32 AM

My first Shovel Prune

In article ,
says...

Gopher?

Nah, it had problems from the start...maybe they chopped too much off
when they bagged him or something.

CJ