GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new growth from a cut rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/171516-new-growth-cut-rose.html)

claire_putney 02-03-2008 06:18 PM

new growth from a cut rose

hello! I am more than a novice and have a question. my boyfriend gave me a rose for valentine's day, I was going to throw it away but have noticed new growth where i had pulled the leaves off the bottom of the stem. would i be able to grow anything from this? and how would i do it? thanks!

Martin H. Eastburn 03-03-2008 01:41 AM

new growth from a cut rose

Keep the stem (not the growth) in shade - away from sun - and if you
can get buy a nursery see if they have 'Rootone' or the like name -
it is a bio chemical IIRC that keeps fungus from growing and stimulates
root growth. If you grow roots - you have a plant.

Keeping the base wrapped in paper towel and in water is good.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

claire_putney 03-03-2008 12:03 PM

Thank you Martin, I will give it a try!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H. Eastburn (Post 777036)