Old 02-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered User

Default new growth from a cut rose

hello! I am more than a novice and have a question. my boyfriend gave me a rose for valentine's day, I was going to throw it away but have noticed new growth where i had pulled the leaves off the bottom of the stem. would i be able to grow anything from this? and how would i do it? thanks!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Keep the stem (not the growth) in shade - away from sun - and if you
can get buy a nursery see if they have 'Rootone' or the like name -
it is a bio chemical IIRC that keeps fungus from growing and stimulates
root growth. If you grow roots - you have a plant.

Keeping the base wrapped in paper towel and in water is good.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Old 03-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered User

Thank you Martin, I will give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H. Eastburn View Post

claire_putney wrote:
hello! I am more than a novice and have a question. my boyfriend gave me
a rose for valentine's day, I was going to throw it away but have
noticed new growth where i had pulled the leaves off the bottom of the
stem. would i be able to grow anything from this? and how would i do
it? thanks!

old bluebell, tulip, daffodil foliage - to cut or not to cut?! redtail Gardening 2 04-06-2008 07:24 PM
Cut-Flower Care-How to Make Your Fresh-Cut Flowers Last O My Garden[_2_] Gardening 0 14-09-2007 06:40 AM
[IBC] To cut or not to cut that´s the question. Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 0 04-11-2004 01:39 PM
To cut or not to cut ? Allen Lai Lawns 4 31-10-2003 11:22 PM
To cut or not to cut .... Allen Lai Lawns 9 12-06-2003 04:56 AM