GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose name conundrum (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/171826-rose-name-conundrum.html)

Koscha 13-03-2008 02:12 AM

Rose name conundrum

Hi, I'm new to the forum, having just finally got my own garden to play with! I've just recently bought 4 roses from a popular (??) diy chain, but the names of the roses are not right (I certainly can't find them on any list). Can anyone help as i'd like to know a bit about disease resistance etc?
The given names on the pots a
Frosty Morning (White, bush rose)
Joy (Yellow to pink edges, bush rose)
The Abbey Rose (pink, sold as a bush rose but has a gallica look to it)
and Deep Velvet (Deep Red, bush rose)

Thanks.

wind'n'stone 22-05-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koscha (Post 778680)
Hi, I'm new to the forum, having just finally got my own garden to play with! I've just recently bought 4 roses from a popular (??) diy chain, but the names of the roses are not right (I certainly can't find them on any list). Can anyone help as i'd like to know a bit about disease resistance etc?
The given names on the pots a
Frosty Morning (White, bush rose)
Joy (Yellow to pink edges, bush rose)
The Abbey Rose (pink, sold as a bush rose but has a gallica look to it)
and Deep Velvet (Deep Red, bush rose)

Thanks.

heard of deep velvet but as a pink miniature.

beccabunga 30-05-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koscha (Post 778680)
Hi, I'm new to the forum, having just finally got my own garden to play with! I've just recently bought 4 roses from a popular (??) diy chain, but the names of the roses are not right (I certainly can't find them on any list). Can anyone help as i'd like to know a bit about disease resistance etc?
The given names on the pots a
Frosty Morning (White, bush rose)
Joy (Yellow to pink edges, bush rose)
The Abbey Rose (pink, sold as a bush rose but has a gallica look to it)
and Deep Velvet (Deep Red, bush rose)

Thanks.

Frosty Morning http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=1.23310

Joy http://tinyurl.com/5g9jc7