Old 28-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Linda

Default Leonides

Does anyone have Leonides? How do you like it?

Linda

Old 30-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Shiva

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:12:32 -0700, "Linda" wrote:

Does anyone have Leonides? How do you like it?

Linda

Linda,

I recall hearing a lot about this rose from those who grew it--which
is why I did not acquire it. Apparently it is a florist rose that, in
the garden, is a very bright (some say garish) yellow and orange, not
at all the tannish rose it is in the greenhouse. I also heard that it
has a lot of fungal disease. Perhaps someone who grows it will chime
in. This rose has always intrigued me.

Old 01-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Shiva

HeidiM wrote:
I have this rose and it have had a lot of problems with it

Hello, Heidi! Thanks for speaking up! Where are you located? This is
important since climate so affects roses.

Old 05-05-2003, 10:44 AM
NTANTIQUES

Does anyone have Leonides? How do you like it?

I'd be interested in feedback too. Leonides is hands down my favorite florist
rose - I buy for next to nothing in growers bunches at Costco when they have
it. Would love to grow them, but have heard that the gorgeous color is
consistent only in the Equadorian imports, not in home gardens. Anybody tried
growing it in No. California?
NT
Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Linda

I did ask our local nursery person about Leonides and last yr. they,
evidently, carried it but it had so many problems...mildew, diseases, etc.,
that they didn't reorder this yr. But someone did have a gorgeous bloom at
our local Flower Show this yr., so someone must be doing ok with it. I am
in Southern Calif. Linda

Old 06-05-2003, 06:08 PM
slackjeep

"Linda" wrote in message ...
I did ask our local nursery person about Leonides and last yr. they,
evidently, carried it but it had so many problems...mildew, diseases, etc.,
that they didn't reorder this yr. But someone did have a gorgeous bloom at
our local Flower Show this yr., so someone must be doing ok with it. I am
in Southern Calif. Linda

I just purchased one that is just now leafing out. So far no problems
with mildew or anything else. I was having a rust & mildew problem
with all my roses earlier this year but it seems to have cleared by
itself. I think the rain, then sun, then rain, then sun, then rain
again caused the problem. You see, we're not used to this in So. CA!

I'll post again after my Leonida blooms. (that's how it's spelled on
the tag so I hope we're talking about the same rose)

BTW, I did see a fully bloomed bush at a nursery last month. The
colors were true to form. I hope my rose is the same or I'll totally
regret not purchasing the one I saw.

Dorys