Old 21-06-2003, 04:20 PM
dave weil

Default Sprayed NEEM today

Well, I broke down and bought some NEEM. It's reported in this area to
do a real number on Japanese beetles. Not only does it kill them, it
supposedly acts as a deterrent as well.

I'll report back in the next few days. The JBs have been increasing
daily in quantity and today, they were after the zinnias as well. I
can say this - NEEM seems to distress them as soon as it hits them. I
really hope that this is the final piece in the puzzle. I'm soooo
tired of picking them off my plants. It's fun the first day or two,
but really now...
Old 23-06-2003, 08:32 PM
dave weil

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:15:51 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

Well, I broke down and bought some NEEM. It's reported in this area to
do a real number on Japanese beetles. Not only does it kill them, it
supposedly acts as a deterrent as well.

I'll report back in the next few days. The JBs have been increasing
daily in quantity and today, they were after the zinnias as well. I
can say this - NEEM seems to distress them as soon as it hits them. I
really hope that this is the final piece in the puzzle. I'm soooo
tired of picking them off my plants. It's fun the first day or two,
but really now...

Well, so far, the NEEM doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent. Perhaps
you have to start spraying *before* the infestation begins. And maybe,
the reports of spraying with NEEM and the lack of Japanese beetles in
local gardens is simply coincidental...
Old 23-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Theo Asir

If I'm not wrong