Old 31-08-2003, 08:22 PM
dave weil

Default Forensic Science for Rose Deaths?

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:57:38 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

None of that changes the likely cause. Oh, and I never put bareroots
right in the ground. I lost 7 or 8 one year due to dessication from
high winds in March. Now I baby them until they are big honkin 5 gallon
plants. I can control water and drainage until they're ready to take it
on their own. If a pot isn't draining, I knock the rose out and repot
in different topsoil in a larger pot.

I had good luck with directly-planted bare root Belamis. I'll try to
post pics. More later...

http://www.pbase.com/teleburst/roses

The first pic is the first flush, the second, the mounded bed right
before uncovering, and the third, the second flush from a couple of
days ago.

These bare roots went directly in the ground the day after Memorial
Day of this year.