Old 08-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Lynne Oeschger

Default Very tall rose in South Africa - what is it?

Hi

I just bought a house in Johannesburg that has a few very neglected roses
around it. One has me stumped. It is growing in shade, next to a tree and
right against the house. It gets morning sun. What it has done is produce
no branches for the first eight feet and then it hits sun and has sprawled
out a bit. Yellow blooms. It is not a climber or a creeper. It has a
fairly thick stem - almost that of a large sapling. It just goes straight
up. In total I would guess it is about 12feet high. Can I train this to go
over the roof?

What is it?

Should i move it?

Thanks