GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Joseph's Coat (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/53964-josephs-coat.html)

LauraEG 29-02-2004 12:10 AM

Joseph's Coat

Anyone had any experience with this climber? It looks fabulous in the catalog,
I am in south eastern Virginia, zone 7

Thanks,

Laura

JimS. 29-02-2004 08:14 PM

Joseph's Coat

I have 2 Joseph's coat. I am in Seattle Zone 8, so I'm guessing we have
probably much milder winters (almost no freezing) but not as hot summers as
you. Joseph's coat is really beautiful when it's blooming, but my problem
with them is that it is a slow grower (at least the ones I have). They put
out blooms that are really brilliant and change colors as they age. It's
very nice, but you might want to buy more than one where you might other
wise have planted just one? Could be just the ones I have. Oh and another
thing, it's really spiny....one of the more painful roses I have to work on.
You'd better have some good gloves!

JimS.
Seattle, Z8

LauraEG 29-02-2004 10:14 PM

Joseph's Coat

Thanks for the info, Jim. I was only planning to purchase one, but being
somewhat clumsy, perhaps I should re consider, don't need to leave a blood
trail through the yard!

Thanks,

Laura

Cindy 21-04-2004 03:05 PM

Joseph's Coat

I have two hee in East TN. They are well worth the price of a few nicks.
Beautiful!!! One if my favorites. ANother that comes close but not as
spiney and shorter canes is "Spice so Nice" from Weeks Roses.

Cindy

--
All outgoing mail scanned for viruses.