GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Books About Roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/60027-books-about-roses.html)

Zemmy!! 27-04-2004 03:03 AM

Books About Roses

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a book for newbies? Something like a
"Roses for Dummies"

Thanks
Brian

J. Del Col 27-04-2004 04:03 PM

Books About Roses

"Zemmy!!" wrote in message ...
Can anyone give me a recommendation on a book for newbies? Something like a
"Roses for Dummies"

IIRC, there -is- a "Roses for Dummies."

The Ortho book about roses is a very good basic text.

J. Del Col

Patrick Scheible 27-04-2004 06:08 PM

Books About Roses

"Zemmy!!" writes:

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a book for newbies? Something like a
"Roses for Dummies"

How about "Roses for Dummies"?
by Lance Walheim
ISBN 0764552023

-- Patrick

Gail Futoran 27-04-2004 08:09 PM

Books About Roses

"Zemmy!!" wrote in message
Can anyone give me a recommendation on a book for newbies?

Something like a
"Roses for Dummies"

Thanks
Brian

I agree with the other recommendations. If I
were you I would go to a bookstore, to the garden
section, look over the books and buy one (or more)
that you personally find useful (you like the
illustrations or the text or whatever) at a price you
like. I started with the basic Sunset and Ortho
books and they worked fine for me - until I got up
to 150 roses then I got more rose books. :)

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

DXer 10-05-2004 05:06 AM

Books About Roses

Its best to do a search using your local libraries web page, there are a lot
of books.
Here are two here that I just got the other day.
"Rose Basics" by Amanda Beales"

"The Rose Bible" by Rayford Clayton Reddell.

Craig