Old 17-02-2005, 11:35 PM
JimS.

Default burying the bud union?

Is it bad to bury the bud union in a non-harsh-winter climate? Our winters
here in Seattle are pretty mild so I'm not concerned about the freezing--
which is why most people bury beneath the bud union.

I have a couple of plants that just won't seem to sprout basel breaks. I
wondered if covering the bud union, and thus keeping it softer, might
encourage these plants to sprout more breaks from there?

In the past I've heard it mentioned it could cause the union to rot. Anyone
w/ experience in this? Would it work? thanks

JimS.
Seattle

Burying liverwort to kill it andy stone United Kingdom 5 19-05-2013 10:21 AM
burying the bud union? JimS. Roses 7 25-05-2011 07:27 PM
New canes from the bud union newday369 Roses 1 30-03-2005 01:44 AM
burying the bud union? JimS. Roses 0 17-02-2005 11:35 PM
Government denies burying GM report (PA News and Independent) Marcus Williamson sci.agriculture 4 26-04-2003 12:29 PM