Old 05-06-2005, 02:49 AM
clancy

Default Bridal Wreath

For three years I've been trying to grow this beautiful shrub .. it starts
out pretty good getting wee blossoms, then does nothing - it looks like its
dead - but I leave it till the next year and the same thing happens. It is
a bit out in the open and we do have harsh winters - should I have it closer
to the house so it wouldn't get the wind and snow from all angles??? -
however I do cover it with a teepee (which covers two sides) ... what am I
doing wrong? I love this plant in full bloom - I think it's one of the
prettiest around. Can anyone help?

Sharon (N.B.)

Old 12-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Kitty O'Reilly

"clancy" wrote in message
For three years I've been trying to grow this beautiful shrub .. it starts
out pretty good getting wee blossoms, then does nothing - it looks like

its
dead - but I leave it till the next year and the same thing happens. It

is
a bit out in the open and we do have harsh winters - should I have it

closer
to the house so it wouldn't get the wind and snow from all angles??? -
however I do cover it with a teepee (which covers two sides) ... what am

doing wrong? I love this plant in full bloom - I think it's one of the
prettiest around. Can anyone help?

Sharon (N.B.)

My mother had a gorgeous one planted against her garage wall. It was in a
protected location and the soil there was a rich dark humusy type soil.
Yours may need fertilizer or a better location - or both.

Kitty