Old 16-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Kurt Kerchner

Default help with buying land

Some friends of mine and I are looking to buy some land to be used
specifically for organic farming. If anyone knows of parcels for sale
that meet the criteria listed below, or of someone who can help us
find the kind of property we are looking for, please reply to
. Many thanks!

Land Criteria:

Locale: Midwest: Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Wyoming are desirable,
but will consider others

Acreage: around 350, preferable with a stream or river,
and small pond(s)

Use: Organic farming

Price: negotiable (less than $300/acre)

Zoning: Mixed: agricultural/residential
Old 16-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Mahsamatman

If you find more than one, let me know to I can get in on it too...
seriously, your price expectations are out of whack with reality.

For $300 an acre you can probably get some useless land that is no good for
farming or much of anything else except looking at or planting a timber
stand. Or your own personal wildlife habitat.

Good farmland in the areas you describe, with irrigation potential, is
selling for $1500 an acre or more. That's higher than the averages another
poster provided, but the averages include some marginal crop land, and crop
land with low percentages of tillable fields, and other stuff with problems.

Good luck.

--
Sam

om...

Buying garden land ? corpy Gardening 2 12-04-2011 01:35 AM
Readers need help with prickly weeds and groundcover (Land Steward Article) Earl Gardening 1 22-04-2005 10:57 PM
help with buying land Kurt Kerchner sci.agriculture 3 26-04-2003 11:44 AM