Old 08-03-2003, 06:20 AM
ofoe1

Default pig farming

I am starting a pig farming project and will like to get in touch with Pig
Farmers in South Africa. This is to seek advise on project pig farming in
regards to structure, feed, stockmanagement and any useful advise.

Regards

Ofoe

Old 14-03-2003, 12:57 AM
John Woolard

We are using this thread as an example for an Internet class.
Old 14-03-2003, 06:45 AM
Oz

John Woolard writes

We are using this thread as an example for an Internet class.

In that case lesson one is find the right group.

Pigs are rarely discussed here, it's mostly politics of various sorts.

Lesson two is to ask more specifically, general questions tend to be
ignored. Life is too short.

Have you googled groups for south africa and pig farming?
(Not that you are likely to get much).

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Old 14-03-2003, 08:40 AM
Jim Webster

John Woolard wrote in message
om...
We are using this thread as an example for an Internet class.

then it should teach them several things

1) there probably are not all that many SA pig farmers on the web. This
is probably a common enough phenomena in most countries except perhaps
the USA. Generally there are not all that many farmers on the news
groups.

2) Farmers tend to be busy and practical people and after a hard days
work, the enthusiasm to spend your time doing someone elses homework is
limited.

3) An newsgroup discussion where you are merely endlessly answering
questions from something who knows little about the subject is tedious,
hard work, and to be avoided.

sorry and all that.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Old 14-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Michelle Fulton

"Oz" wrote in message

Have you googled groups for south africa and pig farming?
(Not that you are likely to get much).

How do you know they are from South Africa, Oz, or do you? I'm thinking
that, from John's email address, he is in the US and he did good to find
this ng, as it's the only ag ng I could find that was mostly American.

Old 14-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Jim Webster

Michelle Fulton wrote in message
y.com...

"Oz" wrote in message

Have you googled groups for south africa and pig farming?
(Not that you are likely to get much).

How do you know they are from South Africa, Oz, or do you? I'm

thinking
that, from John's email address, he is in the US and he did good to

find
this ng, as it's the only ag ng I could find that was mostly American.

I think Oz was responding to his request for SA details.
As an aside, it is interesting over the last couple of years, a lot of
ng have got less American as the numbers of people in the rest of the
world with internet access increases.

Old 14-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Michelle Fulton

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

I think Oz was responding to his request for SA details.
As an aside, it is interesting over the last couple of years, a lot of
ng have got less American as the numbers of people in the rest of the
world with internet access increases.

Oh, you guys must be seeing a post that I'm not seeing. I only saw his post
that said...

"We are using this thread as an example for an Internet class."

Old 14-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Oz

Michelle Fulton writes

How do you know they are from South Africa, Oz, or do you?

You either didn't read the original post, or need your gerontal!