GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bradford Pear has offshoots all over (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/101357-bradford-pear-has-offshoots-all-over.html)

User Example 14-08-2005 01:59 PM

Bradford Pear has offshoots all over

I have a Bradford Pear tree in my front yard. All around the tree there
are little sprouts popping up from the roots. I have tried cutting them
back but they just come back thicker. I have tried covering up the
roots more but that doesn't help. Is there anything I can do to stop
these things? I am at the point of considering just cutting down the
tree and planting something else.

Gary Brady 14-08-2005 03:38 PM

User Example wrote:
I have a Bradford Pear tree in my front yard. All around the tree there
are little sprouts popping up from the roots. I have tried cutting them
back but they just come back thicker. I have tried covering up the
roots more but that doesn't help. Is there anything I can do to stop
these things? I am at the point of considering just cutting down the
tree and planting something else.

Just run the lawnmower over them.

Gary Brady

User Example 16-08-2005 12:49 AM

I do run the lawnmower over the ones in the grass but most of them are
in the mulch around the tree. I can't mow those. And besides, they
grow much faster than the grass so they look ugly.