Old 14-08-2005, 01:59 PM
User Example

Default Bradford Pear has offshoots all over

I have a Bradford Pear tree in my front yard. All around the tree there
are little sprouts popping up from the roots. I have tried cutting them
back but they just come back thicker. I have tried covering up the
roots more but that doesn't help. Is there anything I can do to stop
these things? I am at the point of considering just cutting down the
tree and planting something else.
Old 14-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Gary Brady

User Example wrote:
I have a Bradford Pear tree in my front yard. All around the tree there
are little sprouts popping up from the roots. I have tried cutting them
back but they just come back thicker. I have tried covering up the
roots more but that doesn't help. Is there anything I can do to stop
these things? I am at the point of considering just cutting down the
tree and planting something else.

Just run the lawnmower over them.

Gary Brady
Old 16-08-2005, 12:49 AM
User Example

I do run the lawnmower over the ones in the grass but most of them are
in the mulch around the tree. I can't mow those. And besides, they
grow much faster than the grass so they look ugly.

Gary Brady wrote:
User Example wrote:

I have a Bradford Pear tree in my front yard. All around the tree
there are little sprouts popping up from the roots. I have tried
cutting them back but they just come back thicker. I have tried
covering up the roots more but that doesn't help. Is there anything I
can do to stop these things? I am at the point of considering just
cutting down the tree and planting something else.

Just run the lawnmower over them.

Gary Brady

How does one root yucca offshoots? Cire United Kingdom 3 15-07-2004 01:42 PM
Pruning a Bradford Pear Barry Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
Bradford Pear Losing Bark Gary Harper Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Barking coming off Bradford Pear Gary Harper Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Holes bored in a Bradford pear tree Lou Minatti Gardening 5 23-03-2003 03:08 PM